chapter twenty two

Recap: Flo is told she will receive her religious habit at the end of the month. Harry is beaten up in the drug spot for not selling the drugs he was sent to. The last chapter ends when Harry ignores what Liam has to say about Michael to go after Flo.

Sorry for the extremely late update. College has been tough.

P.S. this chapter isn’t very good either, needs editing 

THANKS FOR 10K READS!

Flo’s POV

I’m being paranoid. I need to calm down. Michael might know I live in Sandbach, but not necessarily knows I’m in England right now.

I need to chill and enjoy my three days of camping without worrying about him. Harry and Jasper are keeping their eyes on every move. They have this situation under control, right? If they are then why am I worrying so much? I know, because this still hasn’t ended.

I help Sister Gloria sweep and mop our temporary bedroom. It was her idea since she’s allergic to dust. She even kneels and uses a sponge to wipe the wooden floor. It reminds me of Cinderella.

“I need to take a break. At least it smells better than how it smelled when we arrived,” she stands up and stretches her arms.  She tells me she’d be changing her religious habit to her casual clothes. She takes off her white cap and places it on the bed where I'm sitting to rest. She disappears into the bathroom and I go to the kitchen to drink water.

The rest of the sisters and Mother Angelica, are fishing for tonight’s supper. Gloria and I decided we weren’t fishing experts and stayed here to clean a bit. I open the fridge. I was waiting cold air to hit me when I opened it, but instead, dust hits my face and I start coughing.

Yeah, this isn’t working nor there’s food inside.

I close it again and open the cabinets to see if there are cans of soup or anything. I was starving and we didn’t stop to eat in that four hours of bus ride. I sigh and go back upstairs.

“I’m going to a grocery store. I can’t eat fish without a drink,” I huff. Gloria returns to her position and starts scrubbing the wooden floor. If she keeps wetting the wood, she will rot it. “I don’t have enough money, but I’ll try to buy basic stuff.”

“I wish I could go with you, but this dusty house needs to be cleaned.”

“We’re just staying for three days.”

“We’re just staying for three days,” she repeats and adds, “but we inhale and exhale millions of times per minute.”

And in that moment, I knew… I was staying with a clean obsessed.

[*]

I’m walking in the woods now, since I’m close to the lake, I stop there and let the sisters now where I’m heading too. Mother Angelica didn’t like my idea of leaving the resort, but she let me go anyways since I’m old enough.

The dark night didn’t let me see enough, but I made it to the streets. I asked for directions to the nearest store from a nice young man. He told me where and even walked me there.

“Ashton,” he replies when I ask his name.

“Thank you Ashton.” When I’m about to open the door, he does it for me, and I walk inside with a sheepish smile. I continue to walk inside and look behind me to see that he’s following me.

“What’s yours?”

“Flo.”

“You aren’t from here, are you Flo?”

“No, I don’t really come here often.”

“Me either, but I moved here years ago,”

“Ah,” I nod. That explains his accent. I grab a cart. He takes it, “You don’t have to…”

“I like to help.” He grins and I chuckle.

“Thanks again.”

“You’re welcome,” he pushes the cart and follows me to the fruits and veggies section. “England’s population is quite big, you know? I feel sorry for the people that live here.”

“What do you mean?”

“It’s very dangerous.” He stops the cart when I take a bag of apples. When I raise an eyebrow, his eyes widen, “You don’t know?!”

“Know about what?”

“About the news of some men that were in a laboratory experimenting the bodies of many women until they killed them?”

“Sounds like a good story.”  

“It actually happened.” He sounds annoyed.

“Scary stories are interesting.”

“My girlfriend was killed there!”

“Interesting story, why don’t you fly and scare other girls somewhere else?” I look behind him and notice the wavy haired lad behind Ashton. Of course, I knew Harry would appear in any moment. He couldn’t leave me alone.

Ashton looks at me and he then turns around to leave. I watch him step away from us and out of the store. I suddenly feel sad that I couldn’t get a chance to ask him more about this.

“I haven’t seen you since this morning and I leave you for like… five hours and there’s a weirdo trying to get you in his van.”

“He doesn’t have a van.”

“You just met him and you’re defending him.”

“Not everyone is dangerous, Harry.” I gesture him to push the cart.

“You’re right, but geez, why was he telling you about that shit?”

“Do you know about that story?” I continue to walk beside him.

“Yeah…”

I start to pick up things for tomorrow while he starts telling me the story.

“When I was sixteen, I was at the drug spot where I started and our boss came inside with a loud slam. Ah, I remember that day. I was getting my first blowjob in one of the rooms when I heard him shoot the ceiling. Everyone went outside to know what the fuck was going on. He said women were found dead in an abandoned laboratory and the men responsible from that were some unknown men from our mafia.”

“Did you ever get to know who were they?”

“No, the police never knew either. Our boss knew the situation had to do with us because we were the first psychopaths in England, but he never get to know who were those men. We had to move before the police could find out about the drug spot.”

“You had nothing to do with it, right?”

“I’m not a killer.”

When he says that, I finally turn to look at him. I notice a bruise on his lip, cheek and I wonder if behind those Ray bans, his eyes are bruised too.