chapter forty two

"Liam told me about you moving to the states... with Harry."

Charlie offered me to blow my hair since it was damp from the shower. So now, I find myself sitting on a chair while she's curling my hair.

"You must be anxious. You can see it more like an adventure with the person you love."

I snort. What is she talking about? I haven't even told Harry that I love him, nor I haven't even figured it out. Do I even love him? I just stare at her reflection and don't say a thing. My thumbs start to rub together on my lap and my knee start to bounce, anxiously.

She's beautiful. She has short blonde hair, big blue eyes, and a fit body. When I look at myself, I just scowl. I don't want to underestimate the work of God, but I just look so plain. I'm a brunette, my hair is so dull, and my eyes are brown. I also have little freckles here and there.

"Cat got your tongue?" She chuckles a bit, curling a last strand of hair.

"'m sorry, just nervous."

"How I wish Liam could take me away too." She sighs, looking up to the ceiling. "You're a very lucky girl."

Lucky?

I don't think so.

"Live by ourselves away from everyone, for the rest of our lives," now she's overstating. I can't help, but roll my eyes.

She finishes with my hair and I thank her quickly. I notice a lip-gloss next to her bag. I never wear makeup, but I could use lip-gloss. It won't hurt. I ask her if I could borrow it and she tells me to keep it. I only use it and put it in her bag. I can't keep taking her things. She forced me to wear her nice clothes than my skirts. She said my taste in clothes were horrendous.

When I walk down the stairs, I notice Harry giving Liam a lingering hug. I pick up my suitcase, and slowly head towards them. He told me he didn't need to pack, he only needed his money, and that's it. He's rich; he could buy another house, clothes, and everything he wants.

I will miss his mansion though.

I don't see myself with him in America, I don't know why.

Did my mother read the note? Is she okay? How's my aunt, uncle, and cousins feeling after the funeral? I inhale and exhale through my mouth.

Harry unlocks his arms from his friend and thanks him once more before turning to me. I blink away, I still feel shy for what we did a few hours ago. The image is still fresh on my mind. He holds my hand and grabs my suitcase.

"Hey." He smiles. "Are you wearing lipstick?"

I nod.

"Mm." He plants a kiss on my lips. "Did you eat?" He asks me, licking his now glossy, bottom lip.

"Yes."

"You sure? I won't be buying anything on the way. Grab an apple."

He sounds like my mother.

My mother.

My eyes water. I'm going to miss her. I go to the kitchen to fetch an apple, so he couldn't see me cry. I wipe my eyes with the sleeve of my shirt and open the fridge to take out an apple. When I do, I kick the door close. I'm reminded that this is where Harry first kissed me.

"We're leaving." Harry enters the kitchen, checking his phone. "No fucking signal. I need a new phone."

"Me too." I say. I never got a chance to buy myself a phone. Getting a job was just pointless.

"I'll get you one. Now let's go." He finally looks at me. "Were you crying?"

I sigh and nod, "A little bit."