chapter twenty eight

Edited this many times, but ignore if I left some spelling mistakes. This chapter was hard to write though. I hope it isn’t boring, it’s important. Enjoy this gif of Evan Peters <3 (Jasper Dach on this story)

Vote and comment… :D

I hear the nuns whispering all together with hands on their mouth. Gloria is the one who is quiet, staring at Harry and me. This looks bad. This is no good. I’m caught with a man with visible tattoos. I can tell that my mother just noticed them, as she starts walking towards us. Her heels make those familiar clicking noises against the wooden floor until she steps on the pasture. My heart starts beating fast, hoping Harry has a better idea than ‘I want to be priest’ idea because right now, my mother won’t believe that excuse.

“M-Mum what are you doing here?” I swallow.

My mother scrunches her nose and starts muttering with anger, “Came all the way to England to tell you that your grandmother died to take you back to Sandbach, and I find you with this…”

My heart swells after I hear about my grandmother. There are questions floating in my mind, but I snap out of it when she takes another step.

She walks directly to Harry and I trudge towards her, with my hands in front of me trying to calm her down. There’s no excuses this time, my mother is going to find the truth.

She pushes me to the side and walks right past me. I turn around fast, making my own ponytail hit my cheek. I watch my mother raise her hand and slap Harry’s face. The nuns gasp at the scene she just made. My eyes widen, my hands going their way up to my mouth.

This can’t be happening.

Praying that Harry will take the hit and not hurt my mother, I yell, “Mum!

“Stay away from my daughter, Styles,” she points with one finger at his face, “don’t ever, ever get near her again or I’ll call the police on you.”

I run towards Harry and hide behind him, peeking over at my mother behind his shoulder.

“What is wrong with you mum?”

“This Styles chap is no good,” she stares at him as if he was a monster. He only lied about the priest thing; she shouldn’t be overreacting this way.

 I look at the back of his head, as he speaks, “You don’t know me, Mrs. Kemyss.”

“Are you threating me? You see, Flo?” She walks towards me and he grabs my wrists and puts a hand in front of her.

“Stop manipulating her.”

“Okay this has gone way out of hand,” Mother Angelica stands between my mother and him. She looks at her. “Arabella, go wait in the car… now.”

“I will after this beast leaves.” She demands, looking at us above the nun’s head. My stomach drops when his hand lets go of my wrist. He turns around to glance down at me and I notice his red cheek.

“You won’t leave me do you?” I whisper.

“’course not,” he mouths with seriousness and walks back into the woods.

My mother looks at me now, “We will discuss later. Pack your things, we’re leaving.”

She walks away. Mother Angelica tells the nuns to scurry off and they all run inside. She stands there looking at me sternly. I sigh and gaze at the woods, hoping I will see him again. He won’t listen to my mother, I know, but I feel bad for him to go through this.

When I get into the room I was supposed to stay until tomorrow night, Gloria stands up from her bed and faces me.

“I don’t think you’re what everyone in this cabin thinks of you,”