Chapter 24: Link The Dots

Start from the beginning

"What's her name again?" He ask.

"Allison Kringle"

He nod and type the name on the computer, tapping the search button. Some photos pops up, and he clicks on Allison's profile, going through her histories.

After searching back and forth, he let out a low groan. "Nothing here is helpful"

"I know. I did a little research on her myself, and I found nothing besides the fact that her father is dead, and she lived on the countryside with her mother. It's as if she didn't have a life on the internet before moving to New York" Katherine say, pained.

"That is because she used to be a practising Christian. According to what I'm seeing here, the church sponsored her through college. And uh, this is interesting. She has been engaged three times" he say abruptly.

"Seriously? Is she the unfortunate?" Katherine spit out, rolling her eyes.

"Well, it appears she didn't say why her engagements were called off, or say much about anything. It's like she never used the internet until early this year. I suppose that's when she moved to New York. Which of course is understandable, because she lived in a church district" Nicole announce.

"I thought as much. We have to find out something about her. Maybe what happened to her, why she left Oregon. Something sensitive" Katherine blurt out, pacing up and down.

"Well, except she tells us what happened to her, I don't see how we're gonna find out since she barely have any record on her profile." he shrug.

"She doesn't have to tell us. One of her friends will" Katherine smirk, as she gets an idea.

Spinning his chair around to face her, Nicole rasp. "Okay? I'm listening"

"She has two friends on the squad, Chandelier and Becky. I just need something to blackmail one of them, and have her get the information I need. If Allison can't tell us directly, she'll definitely feel free to confide in her friends" Katherine assure.

"That can work. So which one of her friend is frigile enough for blackmailing?" Nicole question.

"I don't know. That's your job to find out" Katherine retort.

Nicole shakes his head vigorously, as if he's trying to snap out of something. "What are their names?" He question.

"Chandelier Mandason, and Becky Alberto" Katherine reply.

"Okay, let me see what we've got" Nicole mutter as he types their names on the computer.

"Don't waste your time on Chandelier, she's too perfect. Rich father, stable family, spoilt rich kid, left med school at her own will, went to a dance school. Her life has been too perfect for us to find anything to blackmail her. Becky is the one, I know she is. She's an immigrant, and all immigrants always have a reason for leaving their country" Katherine state.

"Most immigrants, not all of them. But in a way, you're right" Nicole agrees.

Rolling her eyes, Katherine puff. "Just get me something on Becky"

Nodding his head to it, he focus his attention on the computer. His hands remain tight on the keyboard, as he switch in between tabs. He pause, reading through a pop up detail. He beckon at Katherine, without lifting his eyes from the computer.

"I think I found something"

**********

"What is so important that couldn't wait till tomorrow?" Mr Greg rumble, letting himself fall on the seat adjacent to Steve and Johnson's. Getting comfortable in his seat, he run his fingers through his half barred hair.