"I actually don't mind it.." Taehyung whispered looking at his feet, blushing.

"Now stop being jealous and let's go eat lunch." Jungkook closed Taehyung's locker clearly not hearing what the blond just said. Taehyung sighed, letting go of that topic as he had another extremely important matter at hand.

"I need to talk to you." Taehyung grabbed jungkook's hand dragging him to the nearest washroom. He opened all the cubicles to make sure no one was here to listen to their conversation.

"What is it babe?" Jungkook smirked, obviously thinking the nasty.

Taehyung placed the cleaning sign board outside the washroom so that no one would enter. Then he locked the door and stood right in front of it, just in case jungkook loses his mind and tries to go after jinyoung or jaebum. Taehyung had his hands behind his back, holding the doorknob to prevent jungkook from leaving. He jumped right into the incident without asking for a promise to not overreact because let's face it, jungkook would definitely go bonkers. Taehyung did not miss out a single detail. He told jungkook everything. From jinyoung pushing him to jaebum kissing him to Taehyung running out of jaebum's house. He told jungkook each and every thing without any filters or edits.

Jungkook's reaction was as Taehyung had expected. He physically fought with Taehyung to let him out so that he can rip jinyoung and jaebum's throat out. But of course, Taehyung managed to tame the beast as always. He cried on jungkook's chest admitting his guilt. Jungkook kicked aside his anger and concentrated on Taehyung, making sure to let his gullible boyfriend know that he wasn't at fault. Jungkook hugged Taehyung tight before claiming his lips and Taehyung was glad that Jungkook wasn't as angry as he was minutes ago. Moreover he was relieved that he told jungkook the truth.

After that Jungkook did not leave Taehyung's side. He even skipped his class, accompanying Taehyung to the auditorium where Taehyung would be working with Taehyun and Beomgyu today on the costumes. Taehyun was uncomfortable with this newcomer and he displayed his discomfort wholeheartedly. Howbeit within the first fifteen minutes, jungkook had become the coolest senior Taehyun had met until now. All in all, Beomgyu enjoyed a flustered Taehyun and Taehyung enjoyed an uncharacteristically shy jungkook today.

Soobin timidly walked through the hallway towards the auditorium at the end of the school day.  Felix was supposed to be his companion on the way here but he was called by Changbin for some urgent work. Hence why Soobin is walking alone in the empty hallway.

"Soobin-ah." The voice he dreaded danced across his ears making him stop dead in his tracks.

"You haven't been avoiding me, have you?" The sickly sweet voice asked. Soobin gulped, turning to face the tall raven head.

"N-No hyung, Appa wanted me to rest b-because he thought I was sick.." Soobin stuttered watching the tall male take slow intimidating steps towards him.

"Oh but you are sick soobin-ah.. not in the way your Appa thinks though..." The ravenatte chuckled, caressing soobin's cheek.

"Your bruise is fading, what did you tell your Appa?"

"I f-fell."

"Hmm.. and what reason did you give for being outside late at night?"

"I just- went for a walk a-and lost track of t-time.."

"That doesn't sound believable soobin-ah.." Seo Kangjoon's voice dropped down a few octaves making Soobin shudder.

"He b-believed it. Trust me hyung h-he did." Soobin's eyes held a desperate look. He didn't want to get in trouble again.

"Alright, I believe you." Kangjoon smiled ever so sweetly. "You know why I had to hit you right? You know you deserved it, don't you soobin-ah?"

"Y-yes hyung."

Kangjoon caressed soobin's hair, massaging his scalp. Soobin shivered under his touch wanting nothing but to disappear into thin air. This is exactly why he has requested Felix to walk with him.

"You're such a good boy soobin-ah. Continue being like this and in no time you will be normal like me again. Won't you want that Soobin? To not be sick anymore? Hmm?"

"Y-yes hyung."

"You know why Kim Taehyung is still closeted right?"

"Y-yes hyung."

Here's the conflict soobin's mind and heart have been facing. Kim Taehyung, according to Kangjoon, is suffering terrible loss of hope and identity because of the way he is and because of how Park jimin played him, humiliating him at a huge party. But Kim Taehyung, according to what he has seen, is a free spirited, happy-go-lucky boy who's in an adorably loving relationship with his hyung. At one point Soobin really wanted to ask Kangjoon whether he's sure about Kim Taehyung's reality but whenever he tried to bring that up, a fist was always in his face with a warning that yeonjun might suffer the same fate because of his rebellious behaviour. That made Soobin shut up easily and listen to Kangjoon's every false word without a complaint.

After two entire months of drilling into his head, the words you are sick for liking boys were tattooed to his mind and he blinding started accepting whatever Kangjoon threw at him. He did slip here and there sometimes, contacting yeonjun for help but recovered quickly and took the beatings for his mistake quietly.

"You're being awfully obedient today soobin-ah." Kangjoon tightened his grip in soobin's hair making the boy hiss.

"H-hyung.." Soobin whimpered.

"If I, so much as get a hint, that you opened your filthy mouth in front of anyone.. I swear I'll ruin you and that yeonjun hyung of yours. Do you understand?"

"Yes h-hyung." Soobin whimpered again. Kangjoon finally loosened his grip on soobin's hair.

"You won't get hurt if you listen to me, okay soobin-ah?" Kangjoon asked in a sweet tone yet again, earning a shaky nod.

"Good boy." Kangjoon kissed soobin's forehead. "Now, where were you going?"

"Au-auditorium. I have drama p-practice." 

"Oh right! My little Soobin is performing in this year's play!" Kangjoon clasped his hands together. "You must do your best and not disappoint your seniors okay? I'll come to watch your play too."

Soobin just gave kangjoon a small smile. He really wanted to give his best since this was his first major role in a play. But knowing that kangjoon will be watching him made him more nervous. He didn't want that. He didn't want kangjoon to attend the school festival.

"I'll call you again tonight. This time make sure to give an excuse before leaving your house."

Soobin gulped before hesitantly nodding his head. Kangjoon brought Soobin into a hug then, ruffling the short boy's hair.

"Soobin-ah, remember I'm doing this for you. For your own good, because I don't want you to get hurt in the future yeah? I'm just.. I'm just trying to protect you."

Soobin frowned, being confused by the ravenatte's words yet again. Every time he beats Soobin up he says he's doing it to protect him. To help him. For his own good. He's utterly cruel one minute and the next he's caressing soobin's cheek muttering sweet nothings into his ears. Soobin is more than confused by this behaviour. What is he up to? Why is he lying? Why does he claim Soobin to be sick when jungkook is totally fine? Both the brothers are in the same situation yet Soobin gets beaten while jungkook is blessed with an angel as his boyfriend. But Soobin had yeonjun too who was no less than Taehyung. If only Soobin was brave enough to hold onto yeonjun, instead of trying to please kangjoon to keep him away from yeonjun, things wouldn't have taken such an ugly turn.

Seo Kangjoon is the biggest mystery that Soobin undoubtedly needs help solving.

Hello! How are you all? This book is growing really well and I'm so so happy! Some of you are also reading my other book which I thought nobody was reading like omg! It's really hard to believe.. but thanks a lot for all your support! It means so much to me! Love you💜💜💜💜💜💜💜