Chapter Eight - Tobias

Tobias

It's early evening and I've just got home from our poker session. I throw my coat on the floor along with my bag and curl up on my bed. Evelyn is busy washing up in the kitchen; usually I would go and help out, but not tonight. I feel like all the energy has been drained out of me. It's probably having to be around people for so long, having to hide my broken self. My cheeks ache from all the fake smiling. I bury my face in my pillow and think about the one person who could cheer me up right now – Tris.

I know, I know, and I have been told countless times that I think about her too much, that she is dead and gone, that I should move on, that a handsome guy like me could have any girl he wanted, or boy for that matter. But in my dreams, my nightmares and my waking hours she haunts me, the ghost of the girl I loved. Silent tears trickle down my cheeks and I smother myself with a pillow. I can't breathe through the fabric, so I lie like that until by head throbs from lack of oxygen, my eyes burn with tears and I feel myself drifting into an uninterrupted death.

This world is cruel, and nobody needs me here. Goodbye.

*Haha! Thought I'd leave you with this cliff hanger, although I have already written the next small section. Hope you enjoyed! I'll be posting the next part later today. PLEASE VOTE IF YOU ENJOYED! Thanks for reading! And thank you so much for 39 reads! Whoop whoop!*