Episode 2 - A Curiosity

Start from the beginning

"Let me handle that," the blue one says cockily as he knocks a Skulkin head off with his num-chuks. "Hey guys! It's just like the training course. Over the planks, dodge the swords, here comes the dummy!" With the cessation of his words he breaks into an electric blue Spinjitzu, pale blue bits of lightning jutting from it occasionally.

This snaps me from my shocked state. I fire an arrow at the spinning blue boy, but the force of the tornado snaps my arrow in half before shooting it back at me. I let out a small yelp before ducking under the flying pieces. Now all four of the boys are Spinjitzuing through the mass of Skulkins. I am ready to do Spinjitzu myself when Samukai yells to retreat. Though I do hesitate, I follow the Skulkin leader from the cave.

~

"Master, I have failed you. They have learned Spinjitzu and they have the Scythe," Samukai mumbles with a bow of his head.

"Good. Then my brother was there," my Father says, surprising both me and the Skulkin in front of me.

"If I can gather my army, then we can easily ambush them at the--"

"No. Let them think they're winning," my father cuts him off with a small smirk.

"But... I... do not understand?" Samukai says.

"Everything is going to plan," My father laughs. Samukai bows before he exits the room.

I turn to my father, glaring hard at him."You mean everything's going to my plan!" I seethe.

My father returns my gaze with equal ferocity. "We would never be following your plan if you hadn't failed me!"

"I did not fail you, I was following my plan!" I retort furiously.

"Don't lie to me! You're a very bad liar, Tasha. I know an excuse when I hear one," He booms.

I cross my arms and narrow my eyes at him. "At least Nya's useful now."

"The girl will only be useful when the time comes. Until then, she is as useless as you when you don't follow orders!" he shouts. I open my mouth to retaliate, but he cuts me off. "Now get out."

"Yes, Father," I grumble before turning on my heal and leaving.

~

I cant help but stare at him as he flies away. With lightning striking at every turn and the chance of falling to my death, you'd think I'd be more focused. For some reason, every encounter with Kai has had a weird affect on me. This boy has sparked my interest. We've only actually encountered each other three times, and all three of them we tried to kill each other, but I cant help but feel a pull to him. My inability to focus around him has gotten me in trouble multiple times now, but I don't really care. It's curious.

~

"The ninja are on their way to the fire temple," Samukai says with a bow to my father's shadow against the wall.

"Good. It is time to bring the girl into play," My Father's voice echo's through the cave.

"Yes, Master," Samukai bows again before leaving. I turn to follow him, but my Father stops me with his words.

"The red ninja," he says, his voice wispy.

"What about him?" I reply, not daring to turn around to face him.

"You like him," my Father says mockingly.

I take a shaky breath. This statement is not false. I am attracted to Kai for whatever reason. It's the only logical explanation for my recent behavior. I hate that this is happening, but I can't exactly control it. I turn to face my father's shadow. I can almost see his glowing red glare in front of me.

"I am loyal to you, Father," I say evenly.

"I know you are, but I need to make sure he wont become a distraction," he states venomously.

I gulp. "He wont."

"Good."

With that, his shadow disappears and I am left alone in the cave.

~

The mission is simple, sit in the tree, wait for them to fall asleep. When they do, my Father will lure Kai away by pretending to be Nya. Uncle Wu will surely go after him, leaving the other three alone. That's when we strike. We will tie the other three up and take the remaining Golden Weapons. Once done, we steal the fourth one. Then my father can escape the underworld. Then I will have a proper place to train. Then I will unlock my true potential. Then, and only then, can we rule Ninjago.

Before midnight, the first half of our plan is complete. The blue, black, and white ninja all hang upside down in a tree. Samukai has the Shuriken's, Nun-chucks, and Scythe. All is going according to the plan. Samukai is very proud, at least until my Father's shadow shows up.

"My brother has taken the Sword of Fire to the Underworld. Hurry! Return home and unite the weapons before it's too late!" With those quick words, he disappears.

"Uh... Change of plans. To the Underworld!" Samukai shouts.

The group of them board their trucks and bikes, revving the engine before taking off onto a dirt road. I sit with Samukai at the head of the largest truck. Some of the bikes have already managed to cross into the underworld, but our truck only seems to be slowing down.

"Faster! We need to go faster to cross into the Underworld!" Samukai yells. I roll my eyes as the engine revvs again before speeding up. Samukai still doesn't seem satisfied. "More speed! We'll never get home at this rate!"

The engine revvs again, but this time we don't speed up. Instead, we slow down. Confused, I get up and look over the edge behind us. The black ninja has a chain tied around our bumper and is dragging behind, slowing us down. I pull my bow off my black and notch an arrow, firing it at him. It barely misses, bouncing off the chain just in front of his hands. He lets out a small yelp of surprise.

"Get them!" Samukai yells, prompting the Skulkins driving to attack the white and blue ninja, who now climb aboard our vehicle.

"Ninjago!" the blue one shouts as he does Spinjitzu, knocking off two Skulkin.

I shoot an arrow at him, but he dodges it by jumping down to the padlock that holds the Golden Weapons. He punches it, though it does nothing. I barely hear his comment as I get kicked in the back, causing me to stumble forward. Whipping around, I see the white ninja Spinjitzu toward me. I roll out of the way, just barely avoiding his attack. He stops at the edge of the vehicle and glares at me.

"Why do you help Lord Garmadon?" He asks. It is then that I notice my hood has fallen down.

"He's my Father," I hiss, swiftly firing an arrow at him.

He jumps out of the way, a triumphant grin on his face. Just then, the truck lurches forward, knocking the white ninja off. It almost throws me overboard as well, but I manage to grab the side and pull myself back to safety. Crawling back to the front, I see that Samukai has taken the wheel and has the truck going full speed. Just before we crash into the mountain wall, we cross into the Underworld.

~
Oooo cliff hanger yay! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. New chapter comes out next Tuesday so stay tuned! Tell me what you think so far! I love reading comments. Until next time, Wacky AWAY!

Word Count: 2048