Book 2: Chapter 9

Start from the beginning

"Ready!"

She just stood there with her wand pointing down.

"Steady!"

Cho Chang was narrowing her eyes at the girl who was truly just relaxed not tensed at all.

"Go!"

"Expelli—"

"Expelliarmus!"

The spell went and hit Chang sending her wand and herself flying, applause were heard around the room. Praised by their head of house and a hug from her friends the duelling went on. She felt pain for Hermione who had no choice but to wrestle Millicent Boulstrode to the ground.

But the last pair made her want to slap someone senseless.

"Serpensortia!"

"You have got to be kidding me," she muttered frozen. The snake went towards a Hufflepuff named Justin Filch Fletchly, and Harry spoke in hissing voiced. Her eyes widened, Blaise just as shocked.

She still didn't believe that he was the heir of Slytherin, and before she knew it, Snape had the snake disappear.

"That's it for today students! See you all next meeting!"

"Harry!" She called to her friend the next day, Harry avoided everyone who gossiped and she knew why.

"Harry Potter face me right now or so help me," she growled when they turned to an empty hallway.

"What? Are you going to ask if I'm the Heir of Slytherin? Ask me why I can speak parseltongue?"

"No—"

"Are you here to make fun of me?"

"Merlin I'm—"

"Then leave me alone Evans!" Harry yelled as he stomped away leaving her alone in the corridor confused out of her wits. So confused that she doesn't remember what she said that caused her friend to snap at her like that.

"Don't talk to him, he had it coming for snapping at you," Theo reasoned as they sat in the library doing their pointless DADA essay about how lovely Lockhart's ambition is.

"Well I seem to have no choice on that do I?" She sadly says as she scribbled words on her parchment that might make sense.

"You know that he isn't the heir of Slytherin, all of Slytherin knew that. In fact if a Slytherin heir is what they're looking for, it's either you or Malfoy," Blaise said dipping his quill in ink.

"I'm not the heir of Slytherin," she snapped at Blaise whom she knew was joking. If anyone was to give it a thought, it could've been possible as she is one who can embody an ideal Slytherin, the only down in the theory was that Finley wasn't a pureblood. A Slytherin heir should be a pureblood, right?

"You're right, Finney bear is just too nice," Blaise chuckled pinching her cheek. Swatting his hand away, Theo thought long and hard and he somehow had a serious expression on his face.

"Come to think of it, it might make sense that Malfoy is the heir. I mean he is from a long line of Slytherins, he's bloody rich and all that. He's a son of both Malfoy and the ancient Most Noble House of Black—"

"We get it he came from a long line of greatness that he came out as a git," Finley huffed. She heard the biography of Draco's life before and it was a never ending conversation starter from him.

"He might be you know," Theo pointed out. In the corner of the room came out Hermione holding an advanced potions book, she looked panicked for some reason. And she was curious to what it was, to her it was extremely odd since she usually saw the clever Gryffindor with excitement and not panic when she holds a new book.

Aiming to talk to her about Harry she stands up hiding her quill and ink.

"Could you boys handle my things for me? I just need to catch up with Mione," she said as she stood up from her chair and ran after her Gryffindor best friend.

"Mione!"

The girl turned around stunned. "Oh Finley!" She said extremely cautious.

"What do you have there?" She asked.

"Extra books for light reading, you know how it is," she said.

Finley frowned at the thought of having her best friend hide something from her. "May I take a look?—"

"No!"

A little hurt she looked at her friend who felt bad at yelling at her. "I mean, I have to get going. I promised Ron that I would help in his essay," she said as she ran away leaving the Slytherin girl in the corridor alone again.