~Chapter Thirty Nine~

Ever since Daniel got here, I've been the centre of attention. Everyone's whispering and pointing towards me. Some people are even walking over towards us and asking Daniel for photos, he's been saying no tonight because he just wants to enjoy this night. They understand, but I think they're a little disappointed.

"So, are you having fun?" Anna asked.

"So much fun" I smiled. "Thank you for organising Daniel showing up, I'm actually really lad he's here" I said, looking over at him.

Daniel was currently talking to Ben, probably being a protective older brother.

"I saw how upset you were, and I get that you and Alex are friends, but it just wasn't the same. Alex understands though, I think he saw it coming to be honest" Anna said.

"I hope so" I replied. "I feel a bit bad because I kind of ditched him. He saw Daniel walk in with me and then kind of left. He's been dancing with some other girls but occasionally looks up at me and smiles"

"He knows that you still like Daniel, he's not trying to get in the way of that. Alex is a good guy and he knows when things are wrong and right. He's sweet, caring and just wants to make sure everyone's having a good time"

"Wait" I said and looked at Anna. "Do you have a little crush on Alex?"

Anna's eyes went wide and she started blushing. "No..."

"You so do!" I exclaimed, getting a bit excited.

"Calm down Y/N, I don't need everyone finding out"

"I knew something was going to happen there, you talked to him all the time. Sooner or later you were going to gain feelings and you just admitted them" I squealed.

"Ok, ok, that's enough" she laughed.

"What's going on over here?" Daniel asked, walking over to us.

"Nothing" Anna and I said in unison and laughed.

"Righttt" Daniel said, confused. "How about a dance?" he asked.

"I would love too" I responded. I put my hand in his and he led me out to the dance floor. When we got onto the floor, he wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped mine around his neck. We swayed back and forth to the music.

"So, when did you get the tux?" I asked.

"I've had it in my wardrobe for a while, it needed to be used so I wore it tonight" he said. "You look beautiful by the way," he said softly.

"Thank you, you don't look too bad yourself"

"You know, I really am sorry for everything that I did. It wasn't my intention to hurt you, and I regret everything that happened" Daniel said.

I sighed and looked him in the eyes. "Daniel, I can't forgive you, not yet. I need time to heal and for you to gain my trust back. I don't know how long that'll take, but I need time. I'm not mad anymore, I'm a mature person who can move on from things. But trust is something that needs to be earned, and when you broke mine, it takes time for it to heal"

"I understand. Just know, that I do really like you, and whenever you're ready, I want us to be something"

"Like, a couple?" I asked.

"I want you to be my girlfriend. Whenever you're ready of course" he mumbled.

I gave him a smile. "Time Daniel, everything can heal over time"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow

Vote

Share

Follow wdw._.wayhooo on insta for more stories like this