~Chapter Twenty Four~

Your POV

"You know," Anna said, jumping onto the bed. "You're going to have to talk to Daniel"

"Why would I do that? There's no reason to do that. I can just keep my distance. I'm good here" I blurted out.

"Y/N" she laughed. "You have to talk to him about performing the song live next week, you can't just not ask him"

"How about you ask him for me?" I responded.

"Even if I do ask him, you're going to have to talk to him when you go to perform. It's best that you just talk to him now, get it over and done with" she shrugged.

I sighed. "But I feel like he's going to wan to talk about...other things. I'm just not ready to talk about it yet"

"Then just ask him if he'll be there next week, and when you get your answer, leave"

"But you know me Anna, if someone starts a conversation with me about something, I can't just leave because I feel rude doing that. So if Daniel wants to talk to me about the other night, I'll end up in that conversation"

Anna scooched closer to me. "Look, you know you're going to have to have that conversation with him eventually, it just might come sooner than you expected. If he does bring it up, just say that you haven't made up your mind yet and you'll talk to him when you're ready"

"Will he accept that?" I asked.

"Daniel knows better. And if he does say no, I'll be in the other room ready to slap him" she laughed.

"Ok...let's go" I mumbled.

We both got off my bed and made our way over to the Seavey's house.

"Hi Keri" I smiled.

"Dad not home?" Anna asked.

"No, he should be home in time for dinner though. Christian's out tonight with friends though" Keri smiled. "Any interesting news?" she smirked, looking at me.

"Nope" I stated. "Nothing at all"

"Come on let's go, we have some stuff to do" Anna said, dragging me out of the kitchen and up the stairs.

We reached Daniel's door and she knocked, then walked into hers. "Remember, right here if he needs to be slapped"

"Come in!" Daniel yelled from inside his room. I opened the door and walked in. "Oh Y/N, hi" he said, clearing his throat.

"Hey...um, I came to talk about the song" I said nervously, trying to avoid eye contact.

"Oh yeah, how did that go?" he asked, re positioning himself on the bed.

"Really good actually, that's why I'm wanting to talk to you. My teacher has asked for me to perform it live next week in front of the whole school"

"That's great Y/N!" Daniel exclaimed. "Wait, is something wrong?"

"She asked who the other voice in the song was and I obviously said you. She then told me that she wants you there to sing it with me. I-I tried to talk her out of it, saying how busy you were but she wouldn't listen. She kept going on about how if you had time to record then you'll ha-" I rambled but he cut me off.

"I'll be there," he smiled.

"Wait...really. You don't have to be, I'll come up with some excuse"

"It's fine Y/N, it's a great song and I'd be honoured to perform it with you" he said sweetly, making my heart race.

"Uh...great. I'll send you the details when I know more"

I was still standing in the door frame and was about to leave when Daniel spoke up again. "Hey, um...can we talk?"

"About?" I asked, even though I knew what he was going to say.

"About what happened the other night" he said quietly, hoping that no one would hear but me.

"Um..."

"Please" he begged.

I could hear Anna in the other room, clearing her throat, ready to come in and slap him if needed. "I'm sorry Daniel, I just need some time to myself right now. When I've figured everything out, I'll let you know and then we can talk"

"Uh, yeah, I guess. I'll see you next week then"

I nodded and walked out of his room, shutting his door behind me. I let out a sigh and turned over to Anna's door frame. "I'm going to head home, I'll text you later"

"You did good Y/N" she smiled. "Facetime in an hour?"

"Definitely" I said and walked back over to my place.

Anna's POV

When Y/N left, I got up from my bed and walked into Daniel's room.

"There's a thing called knocking you know. You don't know what I could've been doing" he states.

"I'm in the room next door, I wouldn't have come in if I knew it wasn't safe. Plus, Y/N only just left, you had no time" I said and sat on the bed next to him.

"What do you want Anna?" he asked.

"I know you care for Y/N, but I'm worried"

"She told you" he sighed.

"She's giving herself some time right now to figure things out for herself, I need you to do the same. You have never been the type of guy who wants a relationship. You pick a girl for the night, maybe a week even, a month a most, and then ditch them. I want you to think where this is going to go for you and where it's heading. I don't want my best friend on her bathroom floor crying for hours because of you"

"i'm working on it," he mumbled. "She's different Anna, I don't know what it is about her, but there's something different"

"She's an amazing girl that any guy would be lucky to have. If you call her yours on day, you're the luckiest guy in the world. One wrong move, and she'll never be yours" I said and walked out of his room, leaving him with his thoughts.

Was that a bit harsh? Yeah probably. But he needs to learn and understand what he wants, and that not every girl is like a fan girl, who comes and goes. If he messes with Y/N, there will be serious consequences, and that's a fact.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow

Vote

Share

Follow wdw._.wayhooo on insta for more stories like this