~Chapter Twenty One~

I took myself to school today, I didn't really want to go with Anna. She said that Daniel was taking her today, so I said no. I don't think she expects anything, hopefully she doesn't interrogate Daniel in the car, I don't know how good he is at lying.

I didn't sleep last night, at all. I couldn't stop thinking about what happened. If I didn't run out of that room, what conversation would've followed? Does Daniel have feelings for me? Do I have feelings for Daniel? I don't even know anymore. There were so many different things going through my head last night that it's hard to keep track.

I arrived at school and parked the car in the parking lot. Daniel's car then drove in and parked next to mine. I looked through the window and saw Anna waving at me.

"Why didn't you want to ride with us this morning?" she asked, getting out of the car.

"I just felt like taking my own car today. Haven't driven for a while" I shrugged. I glanced at Daniel through the gap between Anna and the car door. We didn't smile, nothing.

"Alright, let's go. Bye Daniel" she said and slammed the door shut, removing my eye contact from the boy inside.

We walked into the building in silence. I didn't know what to say. Part of me wanted to blurt out everything that happened, but the other part didn't. I don't know how she would react to me telling her something like that. 'Yeah, hey Anna. Last night I made out with your brother and kind of enjoyed it'. Wait, I enjoyed it? Oh my god, I'm digging an even bigger hole.

"You sure you're ok Y/N? You can talk to me" Anna said when we reached our lockers.

"I'm fine" I stated, opening mine.

"You know that I can read you like a book. I know when you're lying" she crossed her arms. "You ran off last night, what's wrong?" she asked.

"Now's not the right time to talk about it Anna, maybe later, ok?" I said, pulling books from my locker.

"Y/N, please..." she sighed.

"Not now Anna" I said and walked off to class.

I definitely was a bit harsh on her there, but I couldn't stand there any longer. Another minute and I would've blurted it all out. Every little detail. How he kissed me, how he placed his hand on my face, what I felt, everything.

"Hey Y/N"

I looked up and saw Alex. Great. My day is getting so much better.

"I'm not in the best mood Alex, what's up?"

"I was just wondering if you wanted to go out again sometime? Get your mind off a certain someone" he asked.

He was right. Going out with Alex would increase the chances of me not thinking about Daniel, but the thing is, I don't know if I want that...

"Maybe another time Alex, I just have some stuff going on right now. I don't really have time, I'm sorry" I said.

"It's ok, let me know when you're up for it" he smiled and walked off joining his friends at the other end of the corridor.

I was about to walk into the music room when I realised that I didn't have the recording because I left in such a rush. I sighed, pulling out my phone to text Anna. I didn't know if she'd answer but I sent her a message anyway.

'Hey Anna, sorry about earlier, we'll talk later. Can you ask your brother for the recording of my song? I need it for first period.'

After 30 seconds she responded saying sure and that she wants an explanation from me later.

I walked into the music classroom and sat down at my desk.

"I can't wait to hear your song Y/N" the teacher said, walking into the room.

"My friend is sending me the recording, so I should get it soon," I smiled.

"Great. Can't wait"

I sat there anxiously waiting for Anna to message me with the recording but instead I got an unknown number. 

Daniel: 'Hey Y/N, here's the recording. It's Daniel by the way'

Y/N: 'Thank you'

Daniel: 'Can we talk later?'

Y/N: 'I don't know Daniel. Maybe'

Daniel: 'Ok...Good luck with the song, you sound amazing'

Y/N: 'Thank you'

Of course Anna gave him my number, I'm not surprised. I hope he doesn't message me later, I don't think I'm up for talking about it.

"Alright class, everyone settle down. Today we are going to be listening to a song that Y/N made" the teacher announced. "Do you have the recording yet?" she asked.

"Yeah I do, I'll email it to you"

I emailed her a copy of the recording and she set it up on her laptop. The class went silent and she pressed play. The song is amazing, I love it, but I can't help but think of Daniel. His voice is heard throughout the song and without him it wouldn't have been possible, but if this song wasn't made, nothing would've happened...

The song finished and everyone applauded.

"Well done Y/N, that was absolutely beautiful. Who was the other voice in the song?" the teacher asked.

"My friend Daniel," I said.

"Do you think you could bring him in next week and perform this song live for the whole school? It's absolutely beautiful"

She wants me to do what? No. I can't do that.

"I don't know...he's a bit singer, I don't think he'll have time," I said, trying to get out of the situation.

"Nonsense. If he had the time to help you with this song, he can come in next week to perform it live with you" she said and went back to teaching.

I banged my head on the desk and groaned. This can't be happening. It's like the world's trying to bring us together. Everywhere I go, everything I see, everything I hear, I'm reminded of him. His gorgeous body, handsome face, cute smile. Shit. I'm falling for my best friend's brother.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow

Vote

Share

Follow wdw._.wayhooo on insta for more stories like this