~Chapter Thirty Eight~

"What are you doing here Daniel? I told you not to come" I asked, folding my arms across my chest.

"I kind of got forced into it," he answered.

"So, you don't want to be here?"

"No, no!" he exclaimed. "I do, trust me. Just, I probably wouldn't be here if it wasn't brought up to me, that's all"

I sighed and looked at the ground, pushing the rocks around with my feet. "Why did you listen? Why did you show up? Why did you do...it?"

"I was confused and stressed. I've never been in a relationship before and it was all getting to me. Everything that could go wrong came into my head at once, and I panicked. I wasn't going to do anything with Delilah that night. I was going to ho and write some music, but she messaged me at the wrong time and I ended up agreeing"

"That's no excuse for what you did Daniel," I said, looking up at him. "I get that we weren't dating, so technically you didn't cheat on me, but it still really hurt when you did what you did. I thought you liked me and I was going to tell you that I liked you, but it just didn't seem like you did"

"I do like you Y/N, a lot," he said, grabbing my hands. "That's what's so scary. I've never liked anyone as much as I do you. It's scary how strong these feelings are and it's all so new that I got overwhelmed and made the wrong decisions"

"It's scary for me too Daniel. I don't do feelings, I don't do relationship, I don't do commitment. I'm as surprised as everyone else that I actually figured out what I wanted"

"So what do you suppose we do?" he asked, still holding my hands.

"I don't forgive you for what you did, just yet anyway" I said and his face softened a little bit, "But I can't stay mad at you forever. I hated you before we started getting close, and those days where you weren't in my life at all, were the worst. I'd rather you be in my life for some reason, than nothing at all"

"What about us?" he asked.

"I still need time to heal from everything, but we'll work on it. Just take things slow, and we'll see where it goes. That sound ok?"

His face brightened up a bit and he smiled. "Yeah, that works for me. Listen Y/N, I'm going to do whatever I can to earn back your trust. I don't care how long it takes, I will fight for you"

I laughed a little bit and so did he. "You came all this way and dressed up, do you want to come in? Maybe have a dance?" I asked.

"That would be amazing"

He linked his arm around mine and we walked down the hallway back into the room where everyone was. Anna saw us walk in and gave us a smile.

Things may not be back to normal, and I might still be healing, but it's all looking up. Only time will tell what happens next.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow

Vote

Share

Follow wdw._.wayhooo on insta for more stories like this

Same Interest // Daniel SeaveyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara