~Chapter Thirteen~

"Come on Y/N, we can't be late. I need coffee" Anna said through the phone.

"I'm coming, see you in a few," I said and hung up. I slipped my shoes on, flung my bag over my shoulder, said bye to my family then walked outside.

"Come on, get in" Anna said, sticking her head out the window of her car.

"Where's Daniel?" I questioned while getting into the car.

"He said that he had something to do this morning and couldn't take us to school"

"Is he picking us up?"

"Do you want him to pick us up? You've never been this interested in anything my brother does" Anna laughed with a smirk. "But no, he said he's busy all day. I don't know what he's doing though" she shrugged.

I nodded and plugged my phone into the aux cord and started playing some music.

The truth is, I think he's avoiding me. Ever since the other night when I got drugged at the party, he hasn't spoken to me. He was so nice to me that night, it was different, but I liked it. I saw a different side of Daniel that night, a Daniel who cared. Yes, I'm sure that other people have seen that side of him and his millions of fans have seen that side of him, but I never have. It was different, but I wanted to see more of it. Is that why I've been feeling excited when he walks into a room, I'm just wanting to see if he'll be nice to me? I haven't had a single conversation with him since that night. He'll talk to Anna, Tyler, Christian, his parents, the boys, but not me. Why am I wanting him to talk to me?

"We're here," Anna said, parking the car.

I blinked a few times and shook my head, realising that we were now at school. "We're at school already?" I asked.

"Yeah. You were thinking quite intently on the way here, I didn't want to interrupt" Anna said. "What were you thinking about?"

"Nothing" I lied. She didn't need to know that I was thinking about her brother, I'd never hear the end of it.

"Ok...let's go inside," she said and I nodded, getting out of the car.

She walked over to me and linked her arm around mine, and we walked into school together. Abby quickly ran up to us.

"Oh my god Y/N, I heard that you were drugged. Are you ok? Did you drink the same drink that Ryan drank? He put his cup down and someone must've put something in it because he was sick all weekend" she asked worriedly.

I haven't really thought about who could've drugged me, but now that I think about it, Ryan did offer me a drink. "Um yeah, Ryan offered me to try his drink. He said that it was his favourite or something? It's a bit hard to remember, things from that night are a little fuzzy"

"That's ok, I completely understand," Abby smiled. "I hope that you're feeling better now, and I'm sorry that that happened to you at my party"

"Thanks for caring Abby, I'm feeling a lot better now. I'll see you at lunch"

"Bye girls" she said and walked away.

"This is why you don't go to parties" Anna stated, unlocking her locker.

"You're not going to stop me from partying Anna, it's literally my favourite thing. I live for parties" I said, opening my locker door.

"You sound like my brother" she rolled her eyes.

Maybe Daniel and I actually are quite similar? No Y/N, don't think that. Snap out of it.

"Hey Y/N...can I talk to you?"

I turned around and saw Alex, he looked a little nervous.

"Yeah sure, what's up?" I said with a small smile.

"I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for the way I acted around you the other night at the party, I drank way too much and wasn't acting straight" he confessed.

"That's ok, we all did some things that night that we regret," I laughed.

"Yeah, about that...I actually meant what I asked you" he said nervously, rubbing his hand behind his neck. I looked at Anna and she looked like she was going to explode.

"You did?"

"Yeah..." he laughed nervously. "So, will you go on a date with me?"

I could see Anna behind him with the biggest smile on her face nodding her head.

"Um, yeah sure" I said and then reached into my locker grabbing a small piece of paper and pen. "This is my number. Text me the details" I smiled, handing him the piece of paper.

"Will do, see you around Jones" he smiled and walked over to join Bryce and his group.

"Oh. My. God!" she grinned, which then followed with a scream.

"Shhh Anna! You don't need the whole school to hear" I laughed, shutting my locker.

"You're going on a date with Alex! My hot neighbour! Oh my god!" she screamed, she had the biggest smile on her face.

"It's not that big of a deal" I said, then was interrupted by the bell.

Anna shut her locker and linked her arm with mine. "I told you so. I told you so. I told you so."

I couldn't help but laugh, she was actually right. I'm going on a date with Alex Turner.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow

Vote

Share

Follow wdw._.wayhooo on insta for more stories like this