~Chapter Twenty~

We'd been at this for what felt like hours, and we were probably only half way through the song.

"Are we almost done?" I groaned, laying on the floor.

"You really have no patience, do you?" Daniel chuckled.

"No," I stated. "I like things to be done quickly, that's the reason I don't cook"

"I don't even know why Anna still lets you cook. Every time you step foot in the kitchen, something goes wrong" he says, turning around in his chair, looking down at me on the ground.

"You've gotta admit, the last incident was hilarious. I wish you saw it" I laughed, remembering what happened. "Now, back to work. You have a song to finish"

"Me? I thought we were working together on this" he questioned.

"I gave you the lyrics, and the chords, that's enough"

"Ok yes, the lyrics are pretty good," he said.

"But...?

"The chords needed changing" he shrugged, then spun around his chair, facing his laptop.

I picked up an empty water bottle that was next to me and threw it at his head. "I'm a talented music person"

"Musician?" he asked.

"Music person sounds better," I stated.

"I guess I'm a music person then"

"And you're in a band with 4 other music people"

He let out a small laugh. "I'll be sure to tell the boys that" he then went back to his laptop.

"What if you add your voice to the song?" I asked. "Like to harmonise or something?"

"Oh my god, you have knowledge in that brain?" he teased.

"I will throw something at your head again, this time it will be a lot more solid" I threatened.

"You wouldn't," he says, turning to look at me.

I picked up the stool that was next to me and threatened to throw it. "Nah, not now. I need this song finished" I said, placing the stool back down.

"Right. Anyway, I'll record something real quick" he said, setting up the mic for him. "Now, you need to be quiet, don't make a sound"

I nodded and he pressed record. "You mean like any noise?" I asked.

"Really?" he laughed. "Right when I press record?"

I shrugged. He sighed and pressed record again. "DaNiElLlLl"

"Oh my god Y/N!" he yelled, but it came out in a laugh.

"Ok, I promise I'll be quiet this time"

"You better, otherwise I won't help you finish this and you'll have to do the rest yourself" he warned.

I put my hands up in defence and laid back on the floor.

I sat there quietly listening to his voice. It's so angelic and pretty. It seems that he can pretty much sing whatever. I get that my voice is good, but I don't think it's that good. His voice will make things so much better.

"Thank you, I'm done now" he stated.

"Great. I hate being quiet"

"It's kind of peaceful," Daniel admitted.

I rolled over and picked up the plastic water bottle and threw it at his head again.

Time skip an hour

"Are you doneeee?" I whined.

"Just gotta add one thing" he paused. "Done"

"Oooo yay" I smiled, excitedly.

"Wanna listen?" he asked.

"Hell yeah"

I got up and went and sat down next to him on the chair. He pressed play on the song. You could hear the guitar that we recorded earlier and then in the background some piano and cello.

"When did you add those?" I asked.

"I recorded them the other night. I was up late and bored so I thought why not" he shrugged.

The song was acoustic, only instruments and our voices. It was actually really pretty. It then reached the chorus and Daniel's voice came in to harmonise. He added some other recordings of his voice throughout the song as well. Overall, it was really pretty, I loved it.

"I have a song," I said, astonished. I turned to face Daniel. "I have my first song. My very own song" I smiled.

"I really like it," he said, he seemed pretty proud of himself.

"Thank you Daniel. Without you, and Anna's persistence of course, I wouldn't have been able to come up with something like this. It would've been boring and shitty. They only would've heard my croaky voice with a guitar if I did it by myself.

"Hey, you have a beautiful voice, don't put yourself down like that. Listen to it, it's amazing. I couldn't imagine anyone else singing this song" he said softly.

I looked up at him and his eyes were on mine. This time we didn't just sit there staring. Daniel swiftly leaned in and placed his lips on mine. I was in a bit of shock but kissed back. I felt something in my stomach, it was a weird tingly feeling. The kiss started to get a little passionate. When I realised what I was doing, and who I was doing it with, I quickly pulled away.

"Y/N, I-I I'm so-" Daniel started but I cut him off.

"I'm sorry Daniel, I've gotta go. Thanks for the help with the song, I love it, I really do" I said, then left the studio as quickly as possible.

I walked down the stairs and out the front door. I walked across the driveway and over to my house. I opened the door then raced upstairs, shutting the door behind me and collapsed on my bed. I pulled out my phone to text Anna and let her know that something came up and I had to leave. Once I sent the message, I threw my phone on the floor and buried my face in the pillow.

What the fuck did I just do?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow

Vote

Share

Follow wdw._.wayhooo on insta for more stories like this