~Chapter Thirty Four~

Your POV

I haven't left my bed for the past couple days. Anna has tried everything to get me out and doing something, but I've refused every time. Today, I finally decided that i was going to go to school. I need to show some kind of strength considering that prom is tomorrow and my time at school is almost complete.

I don't really want to go to prom anymore, I would be sad and miserable thinking about Daniel the whole time. It was going to be a special night for us, but I guess not anymore. I know that I have to go to prom anyway because Anna would kill me if I didn't, plus, it would also be a waste of a gorgeous dress.

I walked into the school and saw Anna at her locker. I was going to bring her to school but she knew that it would be best for me if I had this time to myself before being confronted by the pressures of school.

"Hey" she said when I approached her. "I'm proud of you"

"I don't want to talk about it Anna. I'm here because I need to be, no other reason"

"I'm sorry," she sighed. "I just want what's best for you"

"I get that you care, I love you for that, but I'm still processing everything," I said, grabbing some of my books out of my locker.

"Have you thought about moving on? What about Alex?" she asked.

"Anna!" I yelled, slamming my locker shut. She jumped back a little bit, shocked by my actions. "Everything hurts ok. My body feels weak and my heart feels broken. When I say I don't want to talk about something, I mean it"

I flung my bag over my shoulder and walked off to class.

I try to act strong, but in reality I just want to dig a hole and put myself in it. I want to sit in that hole for days and just cry, because no one will be able to hear me. I won't have to deal with questions from people asking me if I'm ok over and over again throughout the day. The multiple messages I have from Anna asking me if I'm ok, and if she can come over. Messages from my mum checking on me when she leaves the house, and messages from Daniel, saying how sorry he is for everything that happened and how he just wants to talk to me. Everything is just too much and I can't handle it. I thought I was ready to go back to school and face everything, but I guess I'm not.

Instead of going to class, I walk out to the fields. I walk over to the bench that's the furthest away from everything and just sit there and cry. You'd think that you would run out of tears eventually, but I've been crying for the past couple days and it's like it never ends.

I heard the sound of shuffling feet and then someone cleared their throat. "Mind if I sit?"

I wiped the tears from my face and looked up to see Alex. "Go ahead" I mumbled.

We sat there in silence for a bit before he spoke up. "Do you want to talk about it?" he asked.

"Not really," I said quietly. "I'm sure that you already know what's going on, you talk to Anna all the time, there's no way she wouldn't have told you"

"She did," Alex sighed. "She also told me that you lashed out at her this morning and that you weren't in class. I was ditching too so I decided to come find you"

"Well here I am," I stated.

"Look," he started. "Daniel's a jerk and no one should do something like that, especially to someone like you. I think that you should talk to him though"

"What?" I questioned. "Why would I do that? He hurt me Alex, more than I ever thought someone could"

"You and Anna are going to be friends for a long time, you can't hate one of her brothers forever. Anna loves her brother, you can't be the reason that she stays mad at him forever"

"Anna's her own person, she can make her own decisions"

"I get that, but just think about it. At least find out why, there's normally some reason for someone doing something like that"

I shrugged. The silence returned but he broke it again.

"So, Anna's going to prom with Ben as you know and he's my best friend. Why don't you come to prom with me and we can be like a double date?" he asked, a hint of nervousness in his voice. "We won't be going as a couple or anything, just as friends. I promise. You need someone to dance with tomorrow night, and I'm happy to do the honours"

"Ok" I answered without really thinking. I'm not going with Daniel anymore, and Alex and I are really good friends. I really appreciate him for doing this.

"Great" he smiled. "I guess I'll text you with the details tonight, or Anna can tell you, I don't mind" he shrugged.

"Yeah, that sounds great"

"Awesome. I'm going to go back to class, just text me if you want to talk" he gave me a small smile as he started to walk off. "Oh Y/N" he stopped. "You're strong, remember that"

Alex is right. I am strong. I can get through this. Might take some time, but I'll get there. Eventually.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow

Vote

Share

Follow wdw._.wayhooo on insta for more stories like this