~Chapter Twenty Three~

Daniel's POV

Everything is complicated at the moment. I don't know what's going on with anything. My brain hurts from the amount of thinking I've done the past week.

I'm sitting in my room, trying to work on a song for the boys and I, but it's not working. Every time I try to do something, I think of her. Her smile, her laugh, her beautiful face and body. Everything.

I took a shot when I kissed her, but luckily she kissed back. The only bad thing about that, was that she immediately ran out of the room and has been avoiding me. I'm normally the type of guy who just sleeps with girls and moves on. I don't do feelings, but why did it hurt when she walked out of that room? Why did I want to grab her arm, pull her back over and kiss her again. Agh, I don't know. This whole things stressing me out.

What about Anna? How would she feel about this whole situation. I'm her brother and Y/N is her best friend, she's like another sister to her. Would she be mad at us? Would she lose her friendship with Y/N over this? Would she make her choose between me and her? Y/N would definitely pick her.

I sighed and laid back on my bed, hitting my head on the bed frame.

"Ow" I said, then rubbed the back of my head with my hand.

There was then a knock at the door. "Everything ok?" my mum asked, peering her head in.

"Yeah" I sighed. "Just thinking"

"About what? Do you want to talk about it?" she asked with a smile.

"I don't know...I don't really know what there is to talk about at this stage"

She walked in, closing the door behind her. She sat on the bed next to me. "Just tell me what you're thinking about. If you don't want to tell me every detail, just sum it up"

I sighed. "Ok...well there's this girl, I guess you could say. I don't know what we are, I don't know if I have feelings for her and I don't know if she has feelings for me" I looked at my mum and she nodded, signally for me to continue. "As you would know by now, I'm not the type of guy to deal with feelings. I normally sleep with a girl and move on to the next, not my proudest moment but that's just who I am"

"You should really work on that" she laughed.

"Anyway" I continued. "I feel like I may be gaining feelings for this girl and it's scaring me. What if she doesn't want to be with me? There are so many complications in the way mum, so many. It's not as simple as talking, dating, or relationships. It's like we talk, and then every obstacle gets thrown in the way"

"What are you really afraid of Daniel? Is is the feelings, commitment, or something else?" my mum asked, looking me in the eyes.

I sat there thinking for a minute. "I guess a bit of both, but it's also the rejection. I think I really like this girl mum, I don't want my heart broken when we aren't even in a relationship. I'm not there yet, but if I keep going the way I am, one wrong move and she could break my heart"

"I think you should take your time. Not everything is meant to happen, and if it is, it might just need some time. There are always complications with things, but other people just work through them quicker than others. I say to give Y/N a little space to figure out what's going on in her own head, but don't give up on her" she smiled.

I looked at her shocked. "Wait...how?"

"A mother always know" she laughed. "Y/N isn't a simple girl, she has many struggles of her own. She can't be rushed. She needs time to process things and work through them at her own pace. If she decides to go a different way than what you're expecting, then accept it"

"Thanks mum" I smiled. "But please, don't tell Anna" I begged.

"I promise I won't, but I feel like she already know, or has some type of feeling" she said and stood up from the bed, walking over to the door. "Daniel"

"Yeah?" I questioned.

"Y/N's a strong girl, don't give up on her. But please, for the love of god, don't break her"

With that, she walked out of my room, shutting the door behind her. I sighed and slid down my bed frame. I put my hands over my face and let out a loud groan. Before I go any further, I need to figure out what my feelings are and what I want.

I reached over for my notepad that was on my bedside table and started writing. I'm going to multi-task. I'll write a new song that I can show to the boys, while figuring out my feelings in one. I just hope that they don't pick up on anything.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow

Vote

Share

Follow wdw._.wayhooo on insta for more stories like this