~Chapter Twenty Six~

The day has arrived where I am going to perform my song in front of the whole school. My teacher has been talking about it non stop for the past few days, it's all she's excited about.

I'm kind of looking forward to this performance, because it showcases my talents and I'm kind of hoping to do something with it some day. The only down side about this, is that I have to sing with Daniel. There are unresolved feelings attached to this song, and I've got a feeling that this song is about him. Those feelings that I had that I didn't know what they were so I pushed them away, I think I figured out what they were.

"Daniel said he'll be here around 10 so that you have at least half an hour to set up," Anna said, looking at her phone.

"Sounds good," I responded.

I drove us to school again to save Daniel the hassle of taking us, but it was just because I didn't want to spend any more time with him today than necessary.

We walked into the school and posters and decorations were being set up everywhere.

"Prom. Kind of forgot that was coming up" Anna said.

"Got any boys lined up to go with?" I asked, reaching our lockers.

"Nah, not at the moment. But I hope I get asked" she said, opening her locker door.

"Promposals are so cute" I gushed.

"You've got two guys lined up, I'm sure either will take you" Anna smirked.

"Daniel's already had his prom, he won't go again" I stated. "I don't know about Alex though, I'm still working out where he sits"

"He loved prom, I'm sure he'd go again. Plus, thousands of girls would love to go with him"

"I'm not going to prom with your brother Anna" I said, shutting my locker door. She shut hers and we started walking to our first class, which was english.

"You don't know what's going on with my brother at the moment, maybe you guys will go together. Don't rule out your options just yet"

I rolled my eyes and we sat down at our desks. I had just unpacked all my stuff when an announcement was said throughout the school.

"Y/N Jones, please make your way to the hall now. Y/N Jones to the hall"

"Great" I sighed, packing up my stuff. "I guess I'll see you when I'm on stage"

"You'll do great. Don't kiss my brother on stage, do it later" she smirked.

"Shut up" I said, slapping her arm and making my way to the hall.

I opened the main doors and walked in, seeing the stage being set up and the lighting being tested.

"Ah Y/N, great. We're going to need you to get set up and we'll see what lighting works. Where's your friend? I got told you were singing this with someone" Mr Mike, our tech teacher said.

"He'll be here in an hour. I'll set up and practice in the meantime" I smiled, placing my stuff down behind the stage. I didn't have the guitar with me, but I wish I did. I don't just want to stand there and sing.

I walked up to the stage and sat down on the chair that was placed for me. They started testing different lights and I just rehearsed the song in my head.

About an hour later, the doors opened and Daniel walked in. He was carrying two guitar cases. I smiled, he thought of me.

"Ah, you must be Y/N's friend" Mr Mike said, walking over to Daniel.

"I'm Daniel, nice to meet you" Daniel introduced, shaking his hand. "So, where am I putting my stuff?"

"All cases and stuff behind the stage, then take your seat next to Y/N and we'll set up the guitars that you've got and run through it a few times with microphones"

"Sweet" Daniel smiled, I couldn't help but smile at how cute he is. Oh my god Y/N, snap out of it.

Daniel walked behind the stage to put his stuff down.

Ok Y/N, we need to remain calm. You aren't going to talk about what happened because we are in front of microphones and it's not the right place, so you don't need to stress about that. Just talk to him like a normal person, like nothing happened, and sing the song, simple.

He then came back round the corner and sat down on the chair next to me. "I thought you would want this" he smiled, handing me the guitar.

"I'm so glad you brought it, I really wanted to play while singing" I said, taking the guitar from him.

"Hey, I've been around the world with 4 of the most unorganised people, mainly Zach, I thought ahead"

"I'm glad you did, maybe we should make you spend more time with Zach, then maybe you'll learn some more things" I said with a small giggle.

"I think I've learnt enough," he laughed, strumming the guitar to make sure it was tuned.

"You know that a lot of girls here are fans of yours? They'll be all over you when you leave" I stated.

"I'm used to it," he shrugged. "You should come to one of the shows next week, you can see me live, well all of us boys"

I blushed at the thought. Even though Anna and I have been best friends since we were little, I've never seen the boys perform live. Never really been interested I guess.

I looked down at the ground trying to hide my blush. "You're cute when you blush" Daniel whispered, causing me to blush more.

I pushed his leg slightly, still avoiding eye contact.

Maybe this performance won't be so bad.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow

Vote

Share

Follow wdw._.wayhooo on insta for more stories like this