73: Wolf Spirit

Tu Cho felt horrible as she heard her sister yelling and electrocuting water.  "You've turned my own mind against me!" The girl was breathing heavy as her siblings came around the corner to see her drenched in water.

"Who are you taking to?" Zuko asked.

"Why do you care?" Azula snapped.

"Just stick to our deal, sister," Tu Cho pleaded with her, "and we'll find her together."

"You need me, Zuzu," Azula said, prepping to shoot lightning. "I have information you don't but now that we're so close to Hira'a, I don't need you anymore."

"Please..." Zuko took a bending stance. "I don't want to do this."

"Azula..." Tu Cho grabbed her sister's attention for just a second with pleading eyes. "Please..." the plea only caused a moment's hesitation that made her stance faulter. But it was long enough.

"Out of the way!" Katara yelled as Tu Cho's younger sister was encased in ice. Katara and Tu Cho walked through the water to approach Azula. "I don't appreciate you trying to set my boyfriend on fire," Katara told her.

Tu Cho at cross legged beside her sister. "I wish I'd known what I know now back when it mattered." She closed her eyes, hanging her head.

"Of all the conspirators she could have chosen," Azula yelled, "why an uncultured-" She stopped with a fearful gasp, causing the other two girls' heads to snap to where she was looking.

A giant blue wolf spirit that gave Tu Cho a horrible feeling in the pit of her stomach was standing behind Sokka who had a serge of unearned confidence at Azula's fear. Sokka looked up at the sight of Tu Cho's fear and ran toward his brother in law as the wolf gave a bark too close to his head for anyone's comfort.

"The wolf spirit must've left the spirit world for a good reason!" Aang called as Tu Cho pulled her fans from her gold belt but didn't leave her sister's side. "So please everybody, be respectful!"

"Respectful?" Sokka yelled skidding to a halt next to Zuko. "Your spirit just tried to eat my head!"

"Aang, look!" Katara yelled. "That's the face you've been making!"

"Stop, big giant wolf spirit! Listen to me!" Aang's face was still stuck in the angry expression that mimicked the pattern on the wolf's chest. "I felt your presence earlier, see? Just like the design on your fur!" He approached the spirit. "I knew you were near because I'm the Avatar, the great bridge between the spitits and the humans! My friends and I were traveling to the town of Hira'a when one of us..." he indicated the sisters, "...decided to go her own way. If we've disturbed you, please accept our apologies." There was a moment before the wolf attempted to attack Aang with a loud bark.

"Your 'respectful' tactic doesn't seem to be working!" Zuko yelled before each of the benders and Sokka attacked. The wolf swallowed Zuko's fire and was unfazed by the ice and boomerang. "Did that spirit... just eat my fire?"

"And burped!" Sokka yelled. "It ate your fire and burped at you!"

Tu Cho noticed her sister lift her head. This was the moment Tu Cho remembered the vision. Azula would be taking down this spirit. Suddenly Appa attacked the wolf. It looked like the wolf had lost until a cloud of moth-wasps came out of it's mouth.

"Free me, Zuzu!" Azula yelled.

"We don't need your help, Azula!" Zuko answered her call.

"Oh, right," Azula said sarcastically, "because your friends have everything under control." The others were struggling with the moth-wasps as Azula continued. "I'll admit it, all right? I shouldn't have run off on my own like that. After all, we made a deal. And if you can't trust family, who can you trust?"

Zuko tried to take a half second to think but before he could release her, Tu Cho wordlessly hit the back of her fans into the ice, shattering the ice cocoon

Zuko tried to take a half second to think but before he could release her, Tu Cho wordlessly hit the back of her fans into the ice, shattering the ice cocoon. Azula crouched right away and prepared the electricity to get rid of the spirits. She sent a shock of lightning through the moth-wasps and the bugs and wolf ran off.

Azula turned back to the group, arms wide, fingers smoking. "You're welcome."