13: The End of the Party (NEW ART)

Somehow, Tu Cho got separated from Sokka and the others. She continued to search for the Earth King but stopped dead when she felt her stomach drop. Someone suddenly grabbed her from behind and covered her mouth. They led her away silently, not drawing any attention.

Tu Cho felt something rising in her. She wasn't sure if it was fear or rage but she felt the hate. Likely both to have someone think they could take away her power again. Tu Cho tried to keep calm as she tried to stay in the moment and remember her training. As soon as they reached the end of the room and had slipped out a secret passage, Tu Cho threw her head back, knocking her head into the head of the man holding her hostage. He released her to grab his face and she turned, kicking him in the stomach. He fell forward and she brought her leg down over his shoulder, hit him square in the back and knocking him face first to the ground.

Tu Cho was quickly knocked to the ground by earth bending. A blanket of earth held her down as another man in a matching outfit helped him up. Tu Cho considered this a win. The only thing that happened to the man was a bloody nose and a forming bruise on his stomach but she'd made him let go. Pretty good for a pregnant woman fighting off a panic attack.

"He didn't give us an answer on what to do with her." The man held his stomach as he stood up.

"Is she a terrorist?" asked the other.

"She's well trained..." Said the first, "but she's also earth kingdom... and a non-bender..."

"I'm not a terrorist!" Tu Cho yelled from her uncomfortable position on the floor. "I'm form Kyoshi! I was sent here as an ambassador in place of my commanding officer."

"So you know about the war that's going on..." the second said thoughtfully.

"I'm here with the Avatar! Of course I know there's a war! I'm not about to disturb the peace though! It is nice to be as far from war as possible. Now if you'll kindly let a pregnant woman sit up?"

"Oh!" The second man lifted the rock to let her sit up. "I'm sorry, ma'am."

Tu Cho sat up. She hadn't been sure if using the baby, especially when she wasn't yet showing, would work but luckily it had. "Would you be so kind as to escort me back to the home of the Avatar?"

"It would be our pleasure." The man wiped blood from his face. His voice said that he did not actually take any pleasure in the situation.

 His voice said that he did not actually take any pleasure in the situation