65: First Look

Tu Cho rushed to the kitchen, trying to calm her nerves. She opened the door to see people rushing about, finishing cooking.

A young woman, Head Chef Alya, spotted her. "Princess Tu Cho! You should be getting ready!"

"I just needed to check things," Tu Cho said.

"You did a great job delegating, Princess," Alya said. "I have this all under control."

"Okay, okay," Tu Cho said, taking a deep breath. "Thank you, Alya." She turned away and hurried off to the court yard.

Another servant girl who'd been delegated head of decorating, cut her off. "Princess, you really must be getting ready!"

"So everyone says, Salva," Tu Cho said. "I'm just worried-"

"That something is going wrong?" Zuko's voice interrupted. He grabbed his sister's hand, nodding to Salva so she could return to her work. "Let the lady work. The flowers are perfect, the food is delicious, the weather is beautiful, and your dress is waiting. The only thing wrong is that you are not getting ready right now."

Tu Cho took a deep breath. "You're right."

"Come on." Zuko steered his sister inside to her room to get ready.

Tu Cho stepped into the room to find Suki helping Kita - who was already in her gold and blue flower girl dress - with her hair. "Suki! You're here!"

"I wouldn't miss it for the world!" Suki said as she moved the little girl to the next seat over. Suki hugged Tu Cho. "Why haven't you started getting ready yet?"

"It doesn't matter," Tu Cho said, pushing the feeling away. "I'm here to get ready now."

Tu Cho was soon in her long red and gold wedding dress that would match Aang's and Hadoka's arranged clothing. Katara and Suki were in blue and gold. The idea was to create a bit of semetry on the stage using the wedding colors.

Tu Cho heard a knock at the door before it opened just an inch. "Tu Cho?" Sokka's voice said, sounding worried.

"Uh oh. There it is." Tu Cho walked to the door, keeping it between them so they couldn't see each other. "What's wrong?"

"I just got a hawk from my dad," Sokka said. "They were delayed by the storm last night and won't arrive until tomorrow."

Tu Cho took a deep breath. "Without him we can't do the water tribe traditions..."

"Hey, it's okay." Sokka reached around the door, feeling for Tu Cho's hand. "We'll have a beautiful fire nation wedding."

Tu Cho squeased his hand. "Okay. Let Zuko know so he can tell everyone who needs to know. "

"Okay," Sokka said. "Tu Cho..."

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

"I love you too." Tu Cho smiled releasing his hand. She pressed the door closed with a sigh of relief. "That's it."

"That's what?" Suki asked.

"That's the thing that goes wrong today," Tu Cho smiled. "The feeling is gone."

"Feeling?" Suki asked. "Thought you did more on premonition and dreams."

"I've gotten better with training," Tu Cho said. "But nothing else is going to go wrong."

"That's great," Suki said patting the chair. "Now sit."

A knock came at the door and Zuko slipped in with his eyes covered. "Everyone decent?"

"You're good," Tu Cho said, looking at her brother in the mirror.