1/Prologue

A/N
Hi! This is based on the original animated show and cannon comics. Live actions play no role in this story. Also know the bulk of this story takes place during the show but has been stretched to cover 2 years rather than just one year.
Thank you.
E/A/N

~~~

"Her chi is not blocked, Fire Prince Ozai," The fortune teller handed the small baby girl back to her mother as her father held her twin brother in his hands. "She is not a bender and will not ever be physically strong, though quite resilient." The seer woman took the small baby boy. "Now he will be a strong young man," She smiled.

"But is he a bender?" Prince Ozai asked, growing desperate at the thought that his second child would be a non-bender like his first born.

"Zuko is a fire bender. Kija is not. Its not uncommon for twins to be like this. One tends to develop faster than the other causing for certain abilities to be locked or unlocked."

"Kija..." Ozai looked away from the baby girl. "Kija Rei can not inherit the throne should it be given to me."

"Ozai! How dare you call her Kija Rei!" Ursa said angerly, "She is your daughter!"

"You will say Zuko is the first born," Ozai ordered. "There is no way that a non-bender is a decedent of mine."

#Disowned only days after birth...#

Young Kija Rei knocked on her mother's bedroom door.

Ursa sprang from her seat at her desk where she had been writing a letter. "Be right there!" Ursa opened the door to find her first born dragging her doll and rubbing her eyes.

"Mommy!" Kija Rei hugged her mother's legs. "I had a scary dream that you were gone and Zuzu had this scar on his eye and it was so scary!"

Ursa picked up her little girl. "It was only a nightmare, Kija. I've been right here." She carried Kija Rei to Zuko's room. "And see there? No scar on brother's face at all."

"I guess your right, Mommy. It was still scary..."

Ursa set her daughter down in her bed and pulled Kija's blanket over her, kissing her forehead. "Close your eyes, my love. When the good dreams come, hang onto them with all your might."

Kija Rei was quickly asleep again.

~~~

Azula, Zuko, and Kija Rei ran down the halls of the palace, Zuko holding a bun basket to his chest.

The three stopped in the court yard, giggling. After realizing they'd probably gotten away with it, the three calmed down.

"I can't believe you talked me into this!" Zuko said to Azula.

"I can," Azula said with a smile. "You're easy. Kija Rei is the one who's hard to convince!"

Kija rubbed her neck. "Let's just eat the buns and return to box so no one get in trouble..." She opened the woven basket top to reveal the desert buns.

The three had all taken a single bite from the buns when a man's voice boomed through the air. "Kids. Come here." Prince Ozai had caught them.

The three looked at each other before hurrying to kneel before the man.

"Whose idea was it to take the buns?"

The three quietly glanced at each other.

"Who's?!" Ozai yelled.