67: Reception

Laughter filled the air late into the night as the party raged on. A royal wedding party could go on for days at the palace. Tu Cho carried Kita off to her room, far from the ongoing party of increasingly drunk guests.

Kita yawned. "Is the party still happen tomorrow?"

"It should be over by then," Tu Cho said, changing Kita's dress into her pjs. "Back to fire training in the morning."

Kita nodded into her pillow.

A soft knock came at the door before it opened quietly. "Are we in bed already?"

"Daddy!" Kita said excitedly.

Sokka closed the door and walked towards the bed. "Hey there, little flame..." Sokka covered Kita up with her blanket as he and Tu Cho sat on opposing sides of the bed.

Kita smiled and snuggled into her blanket. "Night-night, Mommy. Night-night, Daddy."

"Night-night, Little Flame." Sokka and Tu Cho kissed Kita's head before they snuck out and closed the door again.

The two were down the hall, halfway back to the party when they both erupted into quiet chuckles.

Tu Cho put her arms around Sokka's neck. "Can you believe it? We're actully married!"

Sokka kissed her excitedly. "I know! Like a dream come true!

"Lets make some more dreams come true." She pulled him closer, grabbing at the door handle of her bedroom.

"Tu Cho?!" Zuko's voice called down the hall. "Sokka?!"

"Ah man," Sokka muttered.

"Later, Sokka," Tu Cho said with a twinge of mutual disappointment. "We have our whole lives together. Let's go back to the party for now."

~~~

Hours full of laughter and story telling had slipped away in the blink of an eye. Iroh was so drunk he was barely able to walk, let alone in a straight line. Aang was getting tired and Toph had already wondered off to find herself a bed. Zuko was sober because he was anxious he'd have a bad time drinking or get as drunk as Iroh and and up making a fool of himself in his reletively new position as Fire Lord. Sokka and Tu Cho were both a little tipsy and having a great time with everyone as Katara attempted to play mother hen as she was as entirely sober as Zuko.

"Tu Cho," Iroh said drunkenly as he braced himself against the tree next to the turtle duck pond. "This one is for you, my dear niece!"

"What's he-" Sokka was cut off as Iroh loudly cleared his throat.

"ITS A LONG, LONG WAY TO BA SING SE BUT THE GIRLS IN THE CITY THEY LOOK SO PRETTY!!!"

"He's so bad," Sokka whispered to his wife.

Tu Cho nodded with a laugh.

"BUT THEY KISS SO SWEET THAT YOU'VE REALLY GOT TO MEET- WOAH!" Iroh fell suddenly, splashing into the turtle duck pond and making the animals quack loudly.

"The girls of Ba Sing Se!" Tu Cho shouted to him as he sat in the shallow water, trying to figure out what had happened while everyone laughed.