5: Leaving Kyoshi Island (NEW ART)

(thank you to MissMinority for providing the healer oc!)

"How are you today, Tu Cho?" Suki stepped in the hut.

"Getting better." Tu Cho flinched as the Northern Healer, Kari, placed the healing water to her side.

"Tu Cho is a very slow healer." Kari said, keeping the water to Tu Cho's side. "I've never seen a single rib crack that took so long to heal. Most warriors would have been fully healed days ago."

"I have never been strong..." Tu Cho looked at her healer meekly.

"I'll agree with that." Kari smiled. "But you are at least stronger than when you first came to Kyoshi."

Tu Cho looked up to Suki in the door way. "Suki... Once I'm healed..."

"You're leaving?" Suki asked.

"It's time for me to go." Tu Cho said. "I've stayed here long enough."

"But if you leave, you could..."

"Yes. I know. I could get hurt or sick or even die. I can't defend myself well enough to keep away from thugs and other bad people, right?" Tu Cho shook her head. "Suki, I'm going to be fine. I'm going to find the Avatar and travel with them. It shouldn't be hard. They're headed towards the North Pole."

Suki turned to leave. "Very well, Tu Cho. I can't keep you here. You can leave when you wish. Thank you for your service to Kyoshi, Tu Cho."

"Thank you, Suki." Tu Cho smiled. "You are a great leader and a good sister."

Suki left without another word.

Kari shook her head. "This should be the last time you need healed."

"Thank you, Kari," Tu Cho touched her own heart.

~~~

Tu Cho had left Kyoshi in uniform because she was a little bit afraid to be on her own and hoped the relatively recognizable warriors' outfit would serve to help ward off anyone who might try to take advantage of a teenage girl who is traveling alone. Tu Cho was ready for whatever came her way though. She knew her destiny. Her destiny was to help the Avatar in any way she could.

Tu Cho had been traveling for nearly a week before she found Team Avatar. She came through the forest passing a man on her way to the lake the team was camped by.

"Stop taunting me!" Sokka ran into the water, holding his jawbone dagger.

Tu Cho smiled at her friend as she sat on a rock watching their interactions.