10: Letter / Author's Note

Author's note:
So I realized that the course of the ATLA story is only a year long... When I wrote out my basic plan I for some reason thought it was over the course of 2 years. So our timeline for ATLA is expanded as long as it can logically be and our OC's time line is as short as it can logically (and safely) be. Sorry about throwing off the timeline.
I hope you like it!
Thank you!

Tu Cho felt someone trying to read over her shoulder. "Good morning, Zhu."

"Good morning, Tu Cho. What are you doing?" Zhu sat down beside Tu Cho.

"I'm writing a letter to my friends in the upper ring. Do you want me to read it to you?"

"You really will?"

"Sure. I'm not writing anything personal." Tu Cho set her quill down. "Dear Sokka, Katara, and Aang,

"I completed as much training with Aunt Wu as I could take and traveled to Ba Sing Se nearly a month ago. Sokka told me you would be heading here soon and I would like to meet up with you and tell you about my own travels while I hear about yours. I am staying with a nice family in the middle ring but would like to join you once more in your travels. I can't wait to see you all again soon. I miss you all.

"Love, Tu Cho."

"That was short." Zhu said. "You're not going to mention what happened to you?"

"No, Zhu. That is not something you send in a letter like this."

"Do you think they'll send for you?"

"I believe they will but maybe not right away. In the mean time though, I'll be here."

"Then we should go to the spa later."

"A spa? That sounds like fun, Zhu." Tu Cho smiled.

"Only in the darkness..."

The spa was a simple little one-story building near the upper wall. The paint spread across the building above the door read "The Modern Lady Spa" in red. There were flowers painted across it and a true flower garden in front of the building.

"This looks like a nice place." Tu Cho smiled.

Zhu turned seriously to Tu Cho. "Are you ready for some serious pampering?"

Tu Cho smiled. "You bet I am, Zhu."

They entered the spa to gather with smiles. They were given foot rubs (which Zhu pulled away from a lot because she was ticklish), then mud baths (in which Zhu played with the mud using her earth bending and made part of her bath look like a poodle monkey which made the attendant jump), and then the sauna which they both found to be very pleasing.

When they had finished being pampered Zhu payed and they walked home together. When they arrived they found Muqin waiting for them. "Tu Cho. I went into the lower ring and found your uncle Mushi. He pointed me to your housing so I could get your things. You didn't tell us you were with the Kyoshi Warriors." Muqin offered Tu Cho her familiar bag stuffed full of her clothing.

Tu Cho took the bag. "I grew up on Kyoshi Island. It's where I first met my friends." Tu Cho looked into the bag to find her warrior make up had been put in on top as not to spill it. "Zhu. Do you want me to do your make up?"

"Really?" Zhu looked to her mom. "Can she, mom? Please?"

Her mother gave in. "I suppose she can."

Zhu dragged Tu Cho into the house with a smile. "When you're done with mine, I want to do yours!"

Tu Cho smiled. "Sounds fun." She pulled the makeup from her bag and set it out on the table. "Close your eyes while I do it okay?"

Zhu complied excitedly.

Tu Cho spread the white powder across the girl's face then applied the black liner to her eyes. She coated the eye lids in the red paint like substance last. "There we go." She smiled.

Zhu ran to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. "I look so pretty!" She ran back. "My turn!"

Zhu applied the make-up to Tu Cho's face. She finished it. "There!"

Tu Cho walked in to the bathroom and looked at herself. It reminded her of the makeup she would put on before training. With a smile, Tu Cho walked back out. "It looks great, Zhu."

"... can you see the stars."
Martin Luther King Jr