Garrick was dumbfounded on the information he received. The witch did not look even a year older than himself. Moreover if she was that old why didn't she have any friends before Callan. "You are close to only Callan in the pack. Why?"

"That is not true." she shook her head in negation "I am close to most of the elders and people from my clan who are scattered around the world. My work keeps me busy hence I don't communicate much, that doesn't mean I am unreachable." she sighed with a smile "I have travelled a lot. I was carefree and reluctant to join the pack duties no sooner. Lady Odile did a fabulous job in handling my absence. However it all changed when Callan was born. I knew the boy was special, so much so that he glued me to the pack forever."

Understanding Aurora and Callan's relationship was hard. Firstly they were the loners no one associated themselves with. Secondly one could observe that they were really close given their age gap "D-Do you love Callan?" Garrick asked hesitatingly

Aurora just smiled and shook her head. "I do love him but not the way as you think. I have my own mate to love you know." She winked "For others, mine and Callan's relationship is that of friendship but for me he is like my own son."

Garrick gulped in embarrassment and lowered his eyes in shame. He was abashed for the straight forward talk "I.. I am sorry. I just spoke out what was on my mind without even giving a thought."

"It is all right." She waved her hands "Communication is the key. It is good that you cleared up things with me."

It was satisfying for Garrick to know that Callan had a protector. This would keep Einar's worries at bay up to a certain extent. Otherwise Callan could bring a side of Einar which would be catastrophic to everyone around. But how long would Einar avoid the inevitable? There will be a time when his beasts will reign supreme and make his resolve weak. They will crave Callan more and more and may even hurt Rosaline in the process. So what was the right thing to do? Should they abstain from seeing each other as they have done up till now or should Einar give his fate a chance? He rubbed his temples and sighed before looking at Aurora "What about them?"

"What about them?" She asked in confusion.

"What do you think would happen when Callan knows about being mates with Einar?"

Aurora had imagined this scenario hundreds of times- The moment when the truth was revealed to Callan. However, everytime the outcome was devastating! Owing to their closeness, Callan had deduced that Aurora had been hiding something important from him. He trusted her and he knew that when the time was right his friend would come to him and let him know what the matter was. What he did not knew was the fact that Aurora had been keeping the biggest secret of his life from him. Callan may never forgive her when he comes to know that she was aware about his mate all along "This thought has plundered my ease for years now. I dont know if he will be acceptive of the bond and even if he is, Einar has closed all the doors for them to be together!"

"He had his own reasons.." Garrick defended his friend. Einar had already chosen a path and now he could not back down. Rosaline was his mate for all purposes. People would never accept Callan and may even reject Einar as their alpha. Thus it was important to keep things as they were "Can't we just do anything to keep them away from each other without Einar's beasts getting agitated."

"You don't understand." She gasped "There is no power in the entire world which can keep them away from each other." She whispered, worry clear in her face.

"What do you mean?"

Aurora just faltered and shrugged. She realised that she had revealed more than what was necessary "Don't think too much about what i just said. Just remember that Einar's beasts will accept no one if it is not Callan; so we have to find a way to keep them together."