Epilogue

5 years later

Ashton-

I kept ramming the stupid car seat into the seatbelt but the Damn thing wouldn't strap in and I felt a little pair of eyes patiently waiting for me to hurry up so she could get in her car seat.

I silently cheered in victory as I finally pushed the thing in... spinning around to see that pair of hazel eyes staring up at me with a cheeky grin plastered over her face.

"How's my girl?",I asked laughing grabbing her stuffed penguin placing it next to her car seat.

She shook her head and reached out her hands for me to pick her up.

With a hmph I buckled her in trying to avoid the scared gaze she kept giving me.

"I don't want to school daddy I like staying home with you and momma making play dough sandwiches."

I shook my head chuckling at her.

See today was her first day of kindergarten and I was the one to have to drop her off and send her off cause layla had work.

I heard a giggle as she made Steven talk which is the name for her pet penguin that's she had since she was born thanks to uncle luke who made sure to give it to me right after she was born.

Even after all these years the little bow tie was still in tact but the eye was seriously about to pop out at any second which scared me.

Layla had insisted that we get our own house one that we could build together to make it more us something that we could show off to other people and something that our family's would love.

Now she may have came up with the idea but I was the one to have picked to purchase the big piece of land that was up for sale even after all these years.

Yes that lake.

Our two story house sat right on top of the hill where you could see that same sunset every single night and even with us getting older we still have time to keep the romance alive and I still get that feeling of intense pleasure when we are together.

When Leann was born we took careful steps at avoiding anything that would make us drift apart although my number one priority is Leann layla is my second and it will stay like that.

Now I'm not saying our marriage has been perfect easy going but it has turned out pretty okay we've had our fights the biggest one being about how she thought I had a thing for a teacher at my school after she graduated and it was very far from the truth but that is over and done with.

"Leann don't be upset you'll have fun Remember Mrs.Hess we met her a few weeks ago and remember all the toys she had in her classroom",I questioned the 5 year old that was staring out the window rapidly making the car window go up and down.

She whined shaking her head squealing out a no.

I sighed to myself seeing the school pop up into my vision I smiled to myself seeing leanns smile falter even more as she stuffed steven into her palm even more.

I parked the car getting out and un strapping her placing her on the ground.

She did look quite adorable in a green dress that matched her eyes and blue clips holding up her long curly dirty blonde hair.

She stuck out her tiny hand out to me for me to grab as I had to lean down to hold her hand I almost though of how I should just carry her in but that would only result in her throwing a fit over how she's a big girl and can handle herself.

Stubborn just like her mom.

We walked through the main doors being met with the main hallway suddenly her eyes lit up the frown on her face replaced with a smile as she squeaked out,"mommy!!."