Thirty one

Layla-

I cannot even put into words how much that gift meant to me.

Just how he remembered and our little memory we shared meant so much so so much.

We were all gathered in his attic sitting on stools we brought up from his kitchen that sat around the island.

They were trying to set up this little amp to connect their guitars and Calums bass.

While the whole time they were setting up Ashton had a bandana wrapped around his head sitting on the drum stool with an ancient pair of drumsticks placed right between his hands.

By the time they got set up it was already dark out.

They really did look like a band.

My mind kept wandering off to imagining what they looked like a few years back.

When we were at the table they said how calum was basically alone his whole life and couldn't pick up any girls cause he was always smaller than them in size and height.

Everyone said Ashton was always the Most muscular which I have no doubt in my mind that he is.

And lukes been the tallest most of the time.

And well michael he's just grew up not really changing.

I could imagine their teenage selves set up in Ashtons garage doing little covers of bands they looked up on youtube.

They said how they recorded songs but just didn't have the time or the resources to get them out there to people.

And that's where we were right now.

Michael was saying how he wanted to play old green day songs while luke and calum were agreeing with Eachother that they should try to play one of their old ones.

And then there was Ashton stuck in the crossfire who just agreed with anything.

So when six pairs of eyes looked at me for guidance.

I obviously wanted to hear their old stuff to see what they had and what they sung about.

I threw my hands up in surrender laughing a little at the three guys in front of me.

"Just play something of yours than play something else, making it more difficult than it needs to be"

Michael just sat down on one of the stools picking at the strings making a face down at his white guitar.

"What song?"

Lukes voice called out.

He had a red guitar placed in his hands with black paint splattered all over it.

Ashton sat down back on the drum stool deep in thought.

You could tell when he was thinking hard about something cause the vein in his neck would pop out and that was only if he was about to beat the shit out of something or Someone or he was lost in thought.

"Why don't we play everything I didn't say?"

Michael just nodded finally agreeing with the rest of the group.

I heard a gentle tune coming in through the speakers as the guys plucked away at their stringed instruments.

Then there was Ashton tapping away on his drums his smile painted across his face.

He was so happy.

They didn't sing though they just played the melody and instrumental.

And for that it made me like the song a whole lot more.