Twenty seven

Ashton-

Dropping off layla at her work is always fun seeing her rush to get ready is always funny but then she'll end up snapping at me for laughing at her then id make us breakfast then finally take her there with her leaning over leaving a quick kiss on my lips and there she went scurrying inside.

While me on the other hand had decided that I wasn't going to go see my mom today.

Only for a good reason,i am still yet to get both of there Christmas presents and I'm running out of time.

While I had something in mind for my mom my mind was still blank as to what would layla even want?

She never asked for anything.

I was thinking of getting my mom a pearl necklace a real one.

Cause she would always get them from my dad and she seemed to just light up everytime she wore them.

I haven't seen her be actually happy in a long long time.

I already made the call this morning to the facility to tell her I wasn't coming.

I could go pick that up in ten minutes tips the other few hours until layla got off work would consume of trying to find her the perfect gift even though I think i could figure out what a rock wanted more.

My mind flickered back to the old shop we went to she loved it.

She would just gawk at the little nick nacks and admire everything.

I ended up going to there parking my car in the empty parking lot.

Hearing the very familiar bell above me as I walked in my eyes searching for the record player.

It didn't look like it had been touched as I felt my hands around it.

I looked up to the desk to see if anyone was around that could help me.

I saw an old man standing behind it with thick framed glasses staring down at some ancient looking book that was way over due.

I stepped up and tapped in front of him his eyes glanced up before he shut the book placing it to the side.

"Anything I can help you with?."

I smiled and pointed to the old record player.

He nodded and stepped over placing an old wrinkly hand on it.

"This is about $285."

My eyes proably got big no doubt about it.

It's not that I didn't make enough money it's just that I did make enough just for me to get by.

I glanced over the old thing before placing my eyes on the shorter old man in front of me.

"Alright."

He lifted his eyebrows before he tried to lift it a few times before he was breathing heavily trying to regain his breath.

"You need some help."

He just nodded and took one end of it while I took the other and we placed it on the desk he came from.

Then he scrambled to get to the cash register before hearing it click open and him look up at me.

I ended up throwing three one hundred dollar bills towards the stubby man.

He ended up talking and doing things really fast.im assuming they don't get business much and he wanted to make the deal final before I backed out.

He ended up helping me carry it out to my car his eyes popping a little when he saw it.

Then he scurried back in the little shop while i had to start the car and go in the direction of the jewellery store down the road a little bit.

I hope she liked it well layla I hope she likes that I put effort into the gift.that is if she would even accept the gift considering she hates anything to do with people doing something for her.she feels like they always want something in return but really sometimes it's just a nice gesture.

While my moms gift was simple as I already saw the diamond cutout on top of the shop.

I parked the car and pulled open the door stepping inside.

It was warm and cases of watches and necklaces and whatnot were sat inside each one.

My eyes landed on the necklaces.

Glancing over each necklace individually there were some diamond ones while I was just looking for a pearl simple one.

Then a figure stepped out from the back of the store.

She then stood in front of me.

Rachel.

Are you kidding me?

Everyday I had to feel her stares on me all the time while she sat in the same seat up front giving me looks.

I thought at least with it being Christmas holidays I was safe from her disturbing glances.

Guess not.

Her eyes lit up and her whole stance changed as she smiled with her fake white teeth.

I forced a smile in return stepping back a little from the case.

"Hi mr.irwin what are you doing here?."

My eyes met her eyes which were coated in too much mascara making them look like spider legs.

I grimaced before saying.

"Just a pearl necklace."

She then leaned on the case propping up her elbow licking her lips.

"Oh who for?."

"Somebody now can you help me?do you even work here?."

"Yeah my daddy owns the store."

She then bent down taking the key from her lanyard putting it in a key hole twisting taking out a set in the case below me.

She then proceeded to place them in front of me staring at me as I looked over each one.

My hand flickered on the one placed to the left.

The string was laced with Snow White pearls and a little diamond placed between each one.

I pointed to the one i had my eyes on.

She then took it off the set walking over to the register while I walked in front of it.

"145$."

I just sighed as I took out my credit card handing it to her.

She glanced over it quickly before grabbing my hand.

Her manicured fingers hovered over mine for a few seconds longer than needed.

Then taking it out of my hand swiping it.

I watched her grab a box placing it inside the black velvet before closing it placing it in another box beige placing it a bag.

Then she glanced up one more time before handing it over.

Before I got out the door I heard her call out behind me.

"I'm gonna figure out who those were for."

_______________________

So I haven't updated in forever cause I've been down in the dumps lately I'm so sorry but I wanted to post something I'm sorry if this sucked and I'm not pre-reading this so I apologize if you don't want to see a few mis spelled words thank you