Eight

Ashton-

Last night can flooding back to me as I remember her gaze and actions towards me.

I don't understand her one bit I don't know what on earth possessed me to take her out.

When in reality I'm risking my job for a girl who has too long of legs and beautiful of eyes and a sassy attitude.

Raking my fingers through my curly hair.

Rolling over on to my pillow I felt a smash and the sound of something breaking.

I froze and reached under the blankets and felt the pieces of my glasses broken in two.

Groaning I threw the blankets off me and made my way to my bathroom.

Rubbing my eyes I was gonna have to wear my contacts.

It's not that I hated them I just hated wearing them.

Plucking them in and brushing my teeth.

I stood and stared at myself in the mirror what was I doing to myself.

All for a girl that I could lose my job over.

Grabbing my gel slicking my rough curls to the side and up.

Throwing on a blue button up and black pants and grey shoes.

Grabbing my keys rushing to my car trying to not be late.

___________________________

I ended up being late with everyone already sitting down at their desks.

Everyone eyes shot up and landed on me.

I felt Rachel and her little group sending me these supposedly cute faces.

They had no self respect for them selves at all.

I put my stuff on my desk and my eyes immediately fell towards the back corner where she usually sits.

She had her head down not doing anything.

I dont want to embarrass her, but she needs to pay attention.

"Layla."

She raised her hand.

Everyone started laughing.

Oh.

She thought I was calling role.

"Layla."

She put her head up covering half her face and said," what."

"Please sit up and pay attention."

She wore her hair in front of her face with a long sweater with her hands covering one side of her face.

She was being not like herself.

"Free period."

Everyone clapped and whatnot.

I just needed the time to myself and it seemed like she did too.

She instantly lied back down.

No one did try to talk to her its like no one even noticed she was there.

I think she shut people out for so long people started to shut her out too and when she wants to come out of her bubble she can't cause there's nothing to go back to.

It made my heartache.

I was not about to make a deal out of it of give her pity cause with her fiery attitude she didn't seem to take well to things like that.

Rachel made her way up to my desk her extremely fake tan showing on her skin.

"Mr.irwin I think I need a little help with your class I was wondering if you could maybe tutor me?", she said sticking out her hip.

Grimacing I said," we haven't even really done anything yet except write and have group discussions."

She just kept smiling at me.

"Go sit down please."

Sighing I out my fingers through my hair.

A little group in the back of freshmen boys were no doubt watching porn proably.

Then there was rachels little group staring me down making me feel uncomfortable.

And then there was layla sitting by herself staring at the wall beside her.

Putting my eyes on the clock.

"Switch time"

Everyone got their stuff and got up walking out.

She tried to get out as fast as possible too but I stopped her.

"Hey are you alright."

She looked up at me with her hand still over her face.

"Yeah-h I'm fine."

Her bag slipped from under her hand.

She grabbed it and I saw what she was hiding a huge hand print was on her face.

With big eyes I choked out and said," layla-a what happened who did this.!"

She just grabbed her bag and ran out.

What was even going on.

There was no way I was gonna let whoever did that to her again.

And once I find out who did that.

What am I even saying I'm supposed to care for my students but I'm not.

Groaning popping my knuckles looking at the clock until my lunch break.

Sitting back down at my desk pulling out the next classes work.

___________________________

THIS SUCKED IM SORRY I KINDA NEEDED A FILLER AND IM TOO LAZY TO PROOF READ.