Thirty Eight

Ashton-

I could not hide the smile on my face as I stood behind the audience watching the kids I taught finally graduate.

Most of all I saw layla sitting with her mom who had her kids sitting on either side of her jumping up and down.

The day was going by rather fast and right after she walked off that stage she was coming with me and that was the best feeling to date.

She had grown up that's for sure no more silly games she was a woman at her finest and I loved her.

Her mother approved more than approved of me when I asked layla to move in with me after graduation.

Layla looked beautiful with her hair curled and body draped in the red drapes signaling that she finally made it.

She was up next and I couldn't hold the smile off my face as the principal called out her name and she took the diploma in her hands crying.

I was on the verge of crying not that I'd Admit it to anyone but I was so proud undeniably.

She took her seat with the rest of her class as the final names were called out every kid smiling so bright.

She turned to look at me wiping some of the mascara off the corner of her eye as she blew a kiss and I pretended to catch it which was totally cheesy but it's not like we cared anyways.

"GOOOOO LAYLA",I heard michaels voice call out beside me his arm draped around Alexis a pretty girl with brown hair and blue eyes and a sweet attitude a drastic opposite to my Layla.

Calum ran back up holding his wallet in his hands opening it to slip out a 100 dollar bill that would be for layla her graduation present.

Luke just shook his head at his boyfriends forgetfulness of not getting her a present but smiled anyways cause he was a goofball and he loved him.

They flew down here to surprise her but she saw them earlier and totally blew it.

Except I was the one who called them this time not her and that made her happy cause I made crappy jokes about how I knew them first but she loved them just as much as I did.

Luke was hugging calum standing behind him laying his head on his shoulder and it was actually adorable but I averted my eyes from their personal moment.

The principal stood up and said to the kids all waiting patiently,"Congratulations class of 2014."

And then it was a frenzy of red caps flying everywhere hundreds and hundreds.

I saw her walking towards me with her hands outstretched for me as I picked her up in a hug spinning her around.

We didn't care that people around us were staring they probably already knew anyway but it's not like it mattered they were free from their cage that had them in prison and they could finally be with each other actually be with each other and that was the best thing of all.

I kissed her leaning down grabbing her hand wrapping it around my neck.

That kiss felt on fire my whole body felt numb because at that moment it wasn't her mom or anyone else it was me and her and that's how it was gonna be for a long long time.

Her mom had left after giving her a kiss goodbye saying how she'd she her later cause we were having dinner over there.

I had led Layla in all her glory to my car letting her slip in as I got in the drivers seat straightening out my coat that had rumpled up in the heated kiss from earlier.

"Ashton",Her quiet voice said her voice sparkling with happiness that we were finally free more especially she was she has found herself and her insecurities were gone all she had was love to share ...and to think I was the one who put that sparkle in her smile and make her find her true self made me speechless.

"Yes, Layla?",I sighed taking her hand in mine kissing the top of it over and over even though she was cringing at the gesture making me laugh under my breath.

"Do you remember when I was walking in the rain and you gave me a ride home....thats when I knew I loved you."

I was surprised but all I did was respond with was leaning over and placing a chaste kiss on her lips savoring the moment cause I knew there was more to come.

The end

***************
OKAY SO I HAVE A REASON FOR ENDING IT IN SUCH A SHORT CHAPTER CAUSE ONE IM HAVING ONE LONG ASS EPILOGUE OKAY AND I HAVE TO BASICALLY REDO ALL EARLIER CHAPTERS SO I CAN PERFECT THIS STORY FOR MORE READERS ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU FOR READING KEEP IN MIND THIS IS NOT THE END THERE WILL BE MORE I JUST HAVE TO MAKE UP MY MIND