Thirty two

Ashton-

I pushed myself off the queen sized bed placing my bare feet on the cold hard wood floors.

I felt her body snuggle more into the duvet as I got up.

Today was christmas actually christmas.

But it felt different a really good different.

If they were still the way they were back then they would proably end up sleeping in for a good few hours.

But when I saw michael on his phone with him sitting at the table eating a bowl of cereal.

I was a little more than surprised to say the least considering it was only about 7 in the morning.

He looked up at me and smiled before looking back down at his phone.

I ended up grabbing a bowl for me and the milk sitting on the counter and sitting down across from him.

He didn't look up cause he looked very interested in whatever he was doing.

I just ate silently occasional slurps here and there.

"Ashton?"

I swallowed down the spoonful in my mouth full of rice Krispys before opening my mouth.

"Yeah?"

He looked like he didn't want to ask the question as this kind of guilty expression went over his features.He looked like a kid that just got caught in a lie or something close to that.

"Why didn't you bother calling us or anything after you left?"

I stopped eating the spoon frozen in my hand as I looked Into the younger boys eyes.

"I um I didnt think any of you really seemed to care at the time."

He looked hurt.

I instantly regretted the words once they came out of my mouth.

"I cared, I mean it's just like you left I mean we all weren't as close at that time but I still cared and I always will."

I smiled a little with the corner of my mouth going upwards.

Michael wasn't one to show much of emotion or empathy or remorse so for him to sit here in front of me and say the words I've been waiting to here for years means a whole lot.

"I know that know."

He just nodded and placed his eyes back on his phone.

"What are you gonna do today?",his voice rang out.

Was I gonna do anything today.

"Um I'm not sure actually."

He looked excited as I said those words.

He got up and took both of our bowls placing them in the sink carefully before leaning on the counter looking up at me with excitement racing in his eyes.

"I've read that they have a really cool Christmas lights show here, is that true?"

"Well I think so I've just never gone its a little far out though but not too far maybe two towns over at the most."

He smiled widely tapping his foot aganist his hard soled leather boot.

"Why?"

He blushed a little crossing his arms in the process glancing over at me.

"I've always wanted to go."

I smiled in return at his statement placing a little goofy grin on my face.

It took a whole lot for him to say that and I must admit it I've wanted to go I just never have.

"Why don't we all go tonight?"

"Okay but good luck getting those two up to get ready or anything for that matter."

I just laughed shaking my head.

But he was right it was going to be hard getting them up at all.

"I guess we're just gonna have to find out won't we?"

I then walked up the stairs opening back up seeing layla in the same position she was before with her head on the pillow and the blanket draped over her body.

*****************************************************
I HAD TO UPDATE AND THIS WAS A FILLER CAUSE ITS BEEN A FEW DAYS AND I HAD TO PUT SOMETHING UP SO HERE IT SUCKED IK THAT AND IM SORRY BUT ILY