Twenty five

Ashton-

*1 month later *

Zipping up the heavy coat instantly feeling warmed up.

I studied myself in the mirror in front of me.

I looked like a marshmallow layering up with two thin jackets and then a huge coat to top it all off.

Sighing pushing the stubborn curls out of my face before turning off the lights and walking out my house feeling the cold air hit my face.

Getting in the car turning on the heater and pulling out the driveway covered with ice.

People's Christmas lights were up around the neighbourhood so over the top if you ask me.

Especially the house in front of me which had the whole house laced with different colored lights and decorations even on the roof.

Layla loves christmas but she liked Halloween better.

Halloween was great I remember picking her up at her house her dressed as a zombie so was i.

I guess you could say world war z rubbed off on her a little bit.

Then the whole way there she put on the flash on her phone directing the light on her face.

She didn't have really that good of scary stories the whole car ride to the party we were going to.

It was a party one of my old college buddies was throwing at his grandparents house who were in Japan at that time.

Just watching her connect with everybody and light up when her eyes met mine is something I can't really pinpoint on how exactly it felt.

The thing with us is there's no walls anymore to hold us back we've opened up to eachother.

I've never cared more about anyone than I have for her.

Sure have came along way since sitting in the classroom while I gave her 'detention'.

except the thing was her classes finally got switched to where she wasn't in my class anymore.

She didn't belong in there she has so much potential she doesn't even know she has.

Plus we both agreed if worse case scenario was to happen they couldn't really pin anything on us cause she wouldn't be in my classes.

Not that we weren't being careful everytime we were with eachother making everything very private not even really speaking to eachother at school.

But we are seeing eachother.

We haven't made anything official but we both know where our priorities lie and how we feel towards eachother.

Parking my car in her driveway my eyes roaming towards the front door.

She then stepped out shutting the door behind her.

She looked beautiful her her curled.

She was dressed in a red dress with black tights and some brown boots and a long coat.

I smiled watching her get in sinking back into the seat.

She looked up rubbing her hands together in her face huffing a little.

I already had the heat so she'd warm up soon.

"You ready."

She just nodded reaching over and grabbing my hand lacing it in hers.

She was so so cold.

I rubbed my fingers over her freezing knuckles massaging each one.

The car ride there consisted of listening to Christmas songs coming in through the radio her eyes illuminating as we passed by different shops with their lights different sorts of colors.