Nine

Ashton-

By the time lunch came I was already locking up my classroom and heading to the cafeteria.

I was light years away from actually being hungry.

I just wanted to make sure she was okay she looked so scared and fragile and alone.

No one deserves to feel that way ever in their life.

Pushing my way through the doors I felt pairs of eyes on me as I scanned through the crowd.

There she was at a table in the corner on her phone she didn't even bother to try and cover her face anymore.

It's like she sensed I was there and looked around her until her eyes met mine.

I made a motion with my hand toward the doors and started walking out.

Leaning aganist the frame of the metal doors I waited patiently until her small silhouette came through.

I stalked down the hall feeling her presence behind me and her short little breaths but we finally made it to my classroom and I let her in and shut the door back making sure it was locked.

I pointed at the first desk I saw and went and grabbed my desk chair and put it in front of the desk.

She sat down quietly and didn't make a sound or look up just sat with her ankles crossed and her hands laced together on her lap.

I stared at her for a little bit trying to get her to make eye contact with me or at least something I missed her smile.

"I will keep you in here all day until you tell me what happened."

She looked up at me finally and rolled her eyes at my alleged threat That I would do if I didn't have classes.

I nodded and licked my chapped lips wetting them since they had gotten very dry over the past minute.

I felt as if I was a prosecuter and she was guilty for something so I moved my eyes off of her and put it on a piece of lint hanging off from my shirt.

Then all of the sudden her light voice says,"why aren't you wearing your glasses?"

That's the first thing she says?

"Me being well... me I forgot to take them off last night and they fell off, and I rolled on them and snapped them in two.. poor thing."

She laughed for the first time I saw her that day.

Oh how I loved her smile.With the crinkles by her mouth and her nose and her eyes and even the very small crater on the middle of her forehead.

Flashing her imperfect teeth which made her all the more beauitful.

With the little freckles scattered across her nose.

I'm rambling.

She looked at me sideways looking like she was trying to get her thoughts together but she just kept opening up her mouth only to close it.

"I don't really want to talk about.. it's not that big of a deal anyways."

I furrowed my eyebrows is she being fucking serious she gets hit and it's not a big deal?When does someone putting a hand on my layla not make a big deal.

My layla?

"Yeah cause if someone physically hurts you it's not a big deal.,I say shrugging my shoulders nonchalantly.

She looked down at her small pale hands which her nails have been bitten down cause she seemed to nervous and jumpy.

"Layla, you do realise whoever did this im gonna have a talk with, did you get in a fight or-..."

"No Ashton it was my mom ..she hit me because I forgot I needed to watch her kids that she doesn't care about, and she took it out on me.",she says as she stands up flaring her arms up.

She paced in front of my desk seeming as if in about a minute if I didn't calm her down she was about to pass out.

I placed my arms on her shoulders making her body freeze in my hands and her head turn to look up at me.

I held her she was shaking and it seemed like she was cold cause she was shivering but she seemed scared and she should never have to feel scared like this.

"Are you happy to know that now",she replied sarcastically into my chest I could already feel her tears wetting my dress shirt.

I was shocked I didn't know how exactly what to say to make the situation a little less worse.I felt bad because I was the reason she got in trouble I. Was the one who asked her to go out ..and she shouldn't be skipping class but I can she why she does she has other things occupying her mind and all I've been was an ass to her.

I don't know what I would do if I was her.

She just kept pacing and was getting madder.

And then she just broke down.

" I don't know why I feel like this.like this whole world is aganist you,and everyone is in on the joke. and here I am spilling my guts to you cause you've been wiggling your way into my life since day one."

i looked down at the ground and back up at her she leaned aganist my desk.

Tears falling from her blue eyes and down her rosey cheeks.

" God I look so pathetic right now."

"Nah", I said shaking my head.

I got on my feet and stood in front of her.

"I think I've got most of you figured out miss."

She wipes her tears with back of her hand and says," then what exactly am I Einstein."

With a sly smile I say," you are misunderstood very very much.you have great music taste.you play with your knuckles more than normal."

She smiled and looked down.

"You got the basics I guess but not everything."

I nodded sucking in my lips.

"Thanks dr.phil."

I laughed and raised my arms and stretched.

"Anytime ms Lancaster.please be careful and try not to get in trouble.", I said with my pointer finger at her.

She fixed her hair and started to walk away.

"Troubles my middle name."

"Oh wait layla."

She was already about to shut the door when her blonde head popped behind the door and said," what I got to go meet my fans your keeping me waiting."

"What is your actual middle name?"

she sighed and looked at me throwing her head back and saying,"ashton it's indeed Arabella."

She smiled really big one more time before shutting my door and leaving.

Breathing in and out hard.

Sitting down at my desk with my

Knuckles in my mouth laughing.

She just turned her tears into laughter.

It's like she's her own rainbow during the storm.

She left me smiling like an idiot everytime.

It did seem like she was trying to avoid the topic.

I wonder what happens any other time.

__________________________

These chapter have been shit. and I'm sorry I'm not gonna proof read this either.