Thirty four

Ashton-

I buttoned the jeans around my waist adjusting the black skinnys I always wore.

"You can do this.",i whispered to myself.I don't know what I was doing standing in the mirror giving myself some pep talk for tonight but the butterflies in my stomach wouldn't go away.

My kind kept gnawing on wether or not I was gonna show layla how much I loved her.I didn't know if it was too fast or if it's been past time.

I'm not a virgin lost that a long time ago back in high school to some redhead who lived down the street from me.

Sad thing was I didn't even like her not even the slightest but I as a guy going through puberty was curious and wanting I guess.But I just wish that it would've turned out different that I would've saved myself to someone I cared about or at least liked.

And why I was rolling up the sleeves on my green flannel making sure every crease was out just as every wrinkle was ironed.

I was nervous you could put it I could cut the nervousness inside of me with a saw if I wanted to.

I had already smoothed out the bouncy curls aganist my forehead and put the contacts in my eyes.Not wanting to wear the glasses I always had perched on the end of my nose.I wanted to look good I wanted layla to be proud and impressed.

I slid my phone out the charger tucking it into my back jean pocket.

Okay here we go.

Layla was getting ready in the downstairs bathroom cause here me and the guys were split up two in each upstairs bathrooms and there was no way with her having to do her hair and makeup that she was gonna be ready in time if she had to share that space with us.

I liked her better without makeup though.I loved the mornings id wake up to her and she'd have her mouth open and her breath smelling god awful and her messy hair in every direction.

I loved that she was comfortable around me.

I already heard the boys sitting on the couches in the living room flicking through the channels.

"Luke just pick a fucking channel.",michael groaned in annoyance.

Luke was propped up aganist the arm of the couch scrolling through all the channels before his eyes smiled as he ending up putting it on how I met your mother.He had on some black jeans with a black leather jacket which didn't surprise me.

Calum was sitting in the recliner on his phone tapping away.

What's with his hair and michaels.

Michael saw me come in and assumed I was guessing what happened to calums now highlighted hair and his now reddish hair.

"He said he wanted blonde so I did it for him this morning after I did mine and apparently he's tweeting about it."

"Hey they like to know Whats going on in my life."

Michael pffted grabbing the black phone out calums hands and scrolling through the tweets.

"You're tweets are pointless.", michael replied shaking his new dyed red hair.

"You're just jealous people actually care to see what I'm doing.", calum shook his head snatching the phone back out michaels small fingers.

"Oh wow sorry calum I can't hear you over your ego."

I ended up plopping in a seat between Michael and luke patting my thigh watching the tv in front of me.

I noticed luke was staring at calum from his new hair to his eyes then his lips then he would start over the process until I noticed him looking.

He blushed and looked down then looked back up mouthing later to me.

Everyone was quiet as we heard the clicking on the stairs coming down.

I got off the couch quickly stepping in front of the stairs watching her come down.

She was dressed in dark maroon jeans with a white flowy top and a black jean jacket wrapped around her.

Not to mention how she was making sure she didn't fall in the black boots with heels that made her almost height.

She smiled as she took a step onto the floor her being only a little shorter than me now.

"You look amazing.", I replied as I scanned her figure.

She twirled for me her blonde curls bouncing as she did so.

"Thank you, you look very handsome."

I felt the blush creeping up my neck and onto my cheeks.The smile that she gave me making its way onto my face.

"I think I look very handsome too if I may say so myself.", calums voice came up behind me him standing beside me tucking his hands in his front pockets.

"Do I look good luke?"

Luke just shook his head fixing his hair in the hallway mirror.

"Wait who's care are we taking?"

I stood dumbfounded.We were all too busy thinking about getting ready that we forgot about how we were actually gonna get there.

Layla's voice spoke up,"okay me and ashton can drive in his car and one of you can drive the rest there too?"

I raised my eyebrows at her suggestion did she really want any of then driving and potentially totalling her car?

I saw her give me that look which was she knew what I was thinking since my face gave it away.I couldn't help how I reacted to stuff and she could tell what I was thinking just by a simple look.

"We'll try not to wreck",michael replied cooly taking the keys that were draped in between Layla's fingers.

I laughed at the owl keychain that was hanging down it had boobs and the nipples were sparkly.

"Shut up you got if for me."

"Yeah but I didn't think you actually wanted it."

Luke and calum were already outside waiting beside the front door glaring at Eachother when we walked out.

"Meet you guys there", I assumed michael was driving as he got in the drivers seat adjusting the seat.

"Layla why the fuck do you sit so close to the steering wheel."

She brushed her hair off her shoulder and replied,"just how I like to drive."

We made our way to the black car.

She slipped in the passenger seat resting her head aganist the headrest.

"You look great again."

She just smiled leaning over the middle compartment and left a kiss on my cheek.

"You do too... again."

I chuckled pinching her thigh making her shoot up in her seat.

"Stop I'm tickilish."

She slapped my hands as I tried to creep my hand back to her thigh.

"You're not nice mister."

I smiled mischievously before I turned the radio on and backing out the driveway.

As I was doing so I almost rammed Into laylas car as I saw the small car rooming past us and the middle finger of the one and only michael clifford raised high in the air for the world to see.

I looked over at layla to see her holding her heart and giggling.

I got on to the main road and put the car in drive gliding down the snowy road.The ice on the windshield melting off as the car heated up.

I felt myself let out the breath I was holding.I don't know why I was so nervous but I realise there is no reason for me to be anything but excited and happy.

Seeing the red across her cheeks and nose from the cold makes me feel warmer somehow inside.

********************

I needed to update and this sucked god I know