Chapter Five

My Name is Thobile Nkosi I'm the eldest i passed my matric but not with flying colours you see i always had this thing of wanting to go big ever since i was young but tables turned when i didn't take school seriously. I'm very light in complexion with long natural hair and thick body you see I'm very much beautiful with my curves and big butt I've been praying and hoping to get married but life wasn't fair to me since we not really that rich ..trust me we not poor either just that our life happened not to go as planned for us you see when it comes to my sisters Ntando and Ntombi I'm pretty much close with ntando cause we too alike one would swear we twins but we not since I'm the eldest as for ntombi we don't get along quite well i just don't like her like i really don't and lastly she's dark skinned i wonder what do they see in her really cause like c'mon man ...but either than less when i heard her mentioning that she was moving jhb i was suprised cause i never really heard that before maybe she told her mama ofcourse since she's her favourite daughter you see ntombi looks alot more like our dad then me and ntando we have our mothers looks as for body wise we all the same just that ntombi's is petite with a cute rounded butt...if she didn't look like my dad at all i would've assumed my mom cheated but nah that's my dad's child she just happened to look a bit more like him with complexion as for dreadlocks she always wanted one ever since she was a kid so it's none new to us that she ended up having them till they grew longer gosh i just don't like her really.

Phone ringing trr trr....tee speaking hello?
Hey you .you speaking to thula
Oh hey future husband....smilling how are you? I've been expecting your call
Yeah thing is I've been busy this week so this is the only time i got to call you in you aight?
Ngiphilile wena?
I'm good so i wanted to tell you that my family will be sending a letter to your family nextweek.
Screaming.......my God are you being foreal?
Hehhee yes I'm being foreal so i wanted to let you know ..but i was thinking why don't we go out just for lunch so we could get to know each other better.
Uhmm yeah when?
Well tomorrow around 11 I'm free
Ohkay no problem so what must i wear?
Chuckles...just wear a dress and flipflops yeah i think that might work.
Bitting her lower lip...oh yeah okay no problem husband so you tomorrow then
Okay take care bye now..
Byeee..hungs up

Oh my God so this is really happening like i can't believe it..as she kept jumping on her bed screaming full of excitement....

And then wena why you making noise?

Mtase guess who just called right now?

Who?...acting dumb

Stop it dummy Mr future husband like he just called to inform me that his family will be sending a letter nextweek can you believe it?

Screaming......what? Oh my God sisi I'm so happy for you congra come hug me phela and stop jumping on top of the bed please asinamali remember..

Heheheh that will change soon remember that fam is the reachest in this area so us struggling financially will end come let's go and tell mom.

Yeah let's go i just want to see her face when you break these news to her.

She'll be happy trust me i mean her first daughter is getting married hello now?..waving her hand

True let's go as they went to kitchen to break down the news...Mankosi was busy cooking since they had eletricity now humming a song as her daughters came running towards her their face beaming with much excitement

And then?..she asked

Mama guess what?

Oh yini thobile just speak please i wanna finish up cooking here

Thula called me earlier on to let me know that he will be sending a letter around nextweek

Really?.....smilling

Yes mama i really can't believe I'm finally getting married to a family that's gonna meet all my needs that's gonna take care of me financially I'm not going to starve or bath with cold water sometimes like my life is going to change.....

Feeling sad...so that's what you think about all these thobile?as much as this is all good news did you have to say we starve you did you have to say you bath with cold water huh?...you know why you bathed with cold water it's because you didn't wanna lit up the fire to boil them yourself you know why you were starving? Because whenever we call you to come eat in time you'll rather sit outside with your sister laughing at whatever that's making you funny forgetting the food will get cold so don't you dare come tell me about starvation and cold water nonsense do you hear me?

But maa.....

No don't I'm tired of this nonsense i really hope you'll change really cause if you go with that mindset at Sibiya's oh my child i feel for you ..you gonna come back straight after your wedding you know what's sad?

Looking down...no ma

What's sad is that when we marry you to another family and they pay whatever amount they pay for you so that you can be their bride if things do go south you won't come here and say you tired and you wanna come back.....we are Zulus we respect our culture pretty much now do me a favour you see what you just said here take it back i repeat take it back cause you won't like it when i get mad if you feel like you too good for us pack your bags and leave suka...as she headed back to the kitchen finishing up her cooking.

Sniffs as she ran out .....thobile

But mah did you have to be rude though?

Don't start with me ntando please if you don't know what to say go follow your sister

You not fair at times mama you not really..

Voetsek wena phuma lah...

Yeah whatever I'm going...as she went out to her sister who was crying silently outside

Sisi....tapping her shoulder

Mom can be unfair at times hey really....as she wipes her nose

Look at me tee look at me...

Yeah.?..as she lifted her face looking at ntando

Don't allow mama to ruin your day okay don't cause if you do you'll be moody and sour all day long just let it slide for now and enjoy cause really lucky for you ..you won't have to deal with her anymore remember you are going to stay with the sibiya's now meaning you'll be scarce here unless you come once in a while to helpout so baby please you have to be strong not for her but yourself really cause if you get there and things don't go your way you'll run outside and cry all the time?

Uhmm no i wouldn't

Yeah you shouldn't show anyone your weak side now wipe those tears umdala.

Laughing as she wipes them.. as for being old girl even mom can cry as old as she is she can cry so don't tell me nonsense but all in all thank you ..you see that's why I love you so much gosh I'm gonna miss you

I know girl ....holding her chest.

Damn so which dress must i wear tomorrow?

Uhmm..thinking pick the one with flowers it's quite simple and nice

You think?

Yeah it is but you'll have to carry a jersey since it's cold..

Damn yeah I'll do that hey i hope wherever we going to it is really warm i don't want to catch flue

Yes girl imagine coughing in your wedding day

Laughing..shaking her head...imagine let's go back inside before your dark sis comes back imagine her seeing me with puffy eyes I'm sure that would make her sleep well at night.

Yeah true let's go as she took her hand heading inside the house.