Mummy...?

Maddie's P.O.V-

I walk into our room and see Luke packing his bag. Luke and Calum were going on a night out tonight and were going to sleep in a hotel so they didn't wake the kids up.

"Come home soon though won't you?" I ask and he nods.

"Of course! I'm only going for few drinks anyway, it'll give you and the kids time together" He kisses me and then finishes packing.

He puts it in the back of the taxi and Calum joins us outside. I wave him of as they drive away.

I go back into our house where the children were watching a documentary on aliens.

"I'm just going to clean the rooms upstairs, I'll be down in a couple of minutes" I smile and go upstairs to my room. I begin to clean my room when Leo runs in.

"Can I clean my room?"

"That would be nice, thanks Leo" He smiles and runs into his room. I finish making my bed and walk into Leo and Zoe's room.

"Hey Leo" I say and walk in. I help him tidy his toys up and he makes his bed while I use our vacuum.

"Thanks for helping me mummy. It's weird without Dad here" He smiles and walks downstairs.

I follow him and they both stare at me. I walk over and sit next to them.

"So tell me, why do you love these documentaries so much?" I smile.

"It's interesting mummy" Zoe smiles and stands up.

"What's wrong?" I ask and she smirks.

"Can you make me food?"

"Sandwich?" She nods and follows me.

"Thanks mummy"

"Leo, want one?"

"Yes please. Jam" He shouts and I get the food out. I make us all sandwiches and we watch the rest of the program. I'm not lying, it was the worst thing I've ever seen.

Leo turns the TV off and they both smile at me.

"What's wrong?" I ask again.

"Tell us the story of when you met Dad"

"Well, I wanted a hot chocolate and your Grandma Liz owned the cafe so I went in. I saw your dad working behind the counter and he served me. That's how we met" I smile at the thought.

"That's so sweet" Leo smiles.

"Where did he take you on your first date?"

"How do you know these words, you're 4" I laugh.

"Anna loves to talk about stuff like that to Hayley. Now, tell us!"

"Well, he took me to a field and he brought a picnic"

"That's cute! I want a husband like him"

"I'm pretty lucky" I smile. They come over and give me a hug.

After a while, we watch films until 9 o'clock when the children go to bed. I take them up and read them a story.

"Mummy, why do you have blue hair?"

"I like blue, it gives me individuality" I say flicking it off my shoulders.

"I like it'' Leo smiles.

"What's that black ring on your lip? Dad has one as well"

"We did it together. We wanted to be best friends forever and so we got them to match. I think they're cool. Plus, if you want a piercing when you're older, you can have one because I have one"

"Yay" I smile and kiss them both before sitting in my room. I go into our cupboard and get my pajamas out. I look at Luke's and all I can smell is his after shave.

I change into his shirt and I sit in my bed. I lay down and feel my tears building up, I release them and quietly sob into my pillow. It felt like he had left me and I missed him so much. Damn, I was such a baby.

About an hour later, my cries begin to stop until I see pengy on the floor.

"Mummy..." Zoe says walking in. I try to stop my tears but she runs in and gives me a hug. I pull her onto the bed.

"What's wrong honey?"

"I miss Dad"

"Me too" I sigh and she looks at me.

"Is that why you were crying?" I nod.

"I just feel so low when he's not around"

"I understand. So do I" She had such a good vocabulary and I blame it on the programs she watches.

"He'll be home soon"

"Is he defiantly coming back?" She asks and I nod.

"Of course he will"

"Good, I never want him to leave us"

"You'll never lose him"

"It'll all be okay mummy" She nods.

"I just don't feel as protected. He usually wraps his arms around me while we sleep"

"Listen mummy, he loves you and you're safe here with me" It was hard to think she was a 4 year old girl sometimes.

"Yeah. It's just a thing he said to me when you were born"

"What's that?"

"He told me that he'd give me a warm hug and a kiss before I slept every night and he had for 4 years but now he hasn't. It feels like he's left me"

"He hasn't has he?"

"No darling"

"Can I sleep with you tonight? I don't like seeing you upset and I thought it'd cheer you up"

"It would, thank you" She cuddles up to me and kissed my cheek.

"If he isn't here to do it, I will" She smiles and I hug her back. She was the sweetest daughter a mother could have.

________________________________

There's only 2 chapters left😱😱😱

Updating on my new phone, yeya😏

7.96k thank you alllllllllllll❤️❤️❤️