Numbers

Luke's P.O.V-

I wake up and look at my clock. 9am. I get changed into my uniform and walk to work. I see Dorothy opening the cake shop opposite and smile which she ignores. I didn't mean to do it, she needs to know that.

I walk into the coffee shop and make my way to the counter.

After 30 minutes, Maddie enters which makes my face light up. She makes he way towards me and I see her face light up when she sees me.

"How are you today blue?"

"I'm good, I'd be better if I had a hot chocolate"

"I'll take the as a hint" I go over to the machine and make her a hot chocolate which makes her smiles. I grab my sharpie and write her a little note:

'Hey blue, looking wonderful as always. My numbers on the bottom, have a good day beautiful'

I write my number on the bottom and fill it with the hot drink. I add lots of marshmallows and cream as I know she likes it. I close the cup and walk over and hand it to her. She winks and leaves, I hope she likes it.

She was so beautiful, I really liked Maddie and I hope she feels the same. She smiles when I see her just like I do, I could get used to seeing her everyday. 

I carry on for another 4 hours as usual when Calum comes to do his shift. I walk into the back and change. I put on a pair of black ripped skinny jeans and band shirt I borrowed from Ashton.

I slip into my shoes and walk over to the park. I climb up the tree and pull out my pen and notebook. I made a special hole in the tree for it so I never forgot it. 

I begin to finish write a song I started writing a song called 'Beside you'. I made it about Maddie. I've only seen her 2 days but I already wish I knew her more.

I see a little pug running and I recognise it. Maddie's dog. I look down and see the usual blue hair run past which makes me smile.

I slowly climb down and walk over to her. I tap her shoulder and she jumps.

"Oh my god!" She gasps, holding her hand to her heart.

"I'm sorry" I pull her into a hug to calm her down and to calm my nerves. I always got scared when talking to a girl, probably because of what happened with Dorothy.

I release her and she smiles up at me. I smile back. Wait, that voice? It's not Australian.

"You're not Australian are you?"

"Nope. I'm British"

"You live in Britain?"

"I used to. I moved here with my best friend to further our career in music"

"Yay! I get to see you more! I have to admit though Maddie, you are the highlight of my day"

"Well I'm glad. I like to make people smile"

"Well you make me smile. A lot"

"Now I'm blushing" I see her cheeks turn red. I hug her again, she was so small and cuddly.

"You don't have work today, do you?"

"No, why?"

"I'll show you around since you just moved here" I walk over to the shops and she giggles. Her dogs starts running.

"Shall I take Alfie back home first?"

"I'll come with you"

"Thanks Luke" She begins to walk and I follow. We had a really nice conversation about her, she told me all about her favourite bands.

"I like Good Charlotte, blink 182-"

"No" She cuts me off. 

"What?"

"They're my favourites"

"You're kidding?"

"No, I love them. Look at my shirt" she smirks.

"What about mine?" She gestures towards herself and I smile, she was wearing a blink 182 shirt.

"I probably didn't notice your shirt because your beaut- hair. You're hair, I mean its blue, how can you not notice that" I laugh. I nearly slipped up and told her now I felt but I didn't want to scare her away. 

"Thanks Luke" We approach her house and she unlocks the door.

As I walk inside, all I could smell was scented candles. I look around, it was so pretty. Lots of little picture frames and cushions. I see a girl sitting on the sofa and she turns around.

"Anna, met Luke. He's the boy from the coffee shop I was telling you about" It made me smile  to know she had mentioned me before.

I walk over and shake her hand as she smiles at me. I hear a door open in front of me to find Calum walking in. 

__________________________

I hit 10 reads! I mean its not many but to me, it's such a big achievement so thank you;)