It's 12 Luke

Luke's P.O.V-

*1 week later*

I wake up by the doctor tapping my shoulder. I look up and she hands me coffee.

"Thanks Shannon" I sip it and she looks down upset.

"Luke, I hate to tell you but-"

"I know today's the day" I say bitterly.

"I just thought I'd give you a warning. He usually does it at 11 and its 11: 46 so" She sighs before closing the door. I let a tear slip out, today was the deadline. If she didn't wake up by today, they'd take her off life support which meant she'd die.

I see Anna and I let her in. She had been dismissed from the hospital and had stayed with me for the whole week. She tip toed in along with Calum.

"You ready to say goodbye?"

"Not even close" I close my eyes and bite my lip as I hear the door open again but this time, instead of a warming face, it was the doctor.

"Hi again Luke"

"Doctor"

"I hate to say luke, but it's time. Her parents will say goodbye, then you and after that, I'll do it"

"Okay" I leave the room with Anna and Calum as her parents say goodbye. They comfort me as Maddie's parents leave and I begin to cry.

Finally, Anna and I walk in together to say our last goodbyes. Anna says a little speech and cries. She leaves as she can't handle it anymore leaving me alone with Maddie.

I walk over to Maddie's bed and kiss her one last time. The kiss was gentle and quick as she felt cold...

"So this is it Maddie. The last goodbye. I'll try and be strong for your parents and Alfie but I will be lost without you. I can't believe I'm saying all this, I wish you weren't going to die because we could of done way more with our lives. I love you Maddie and I always will. I remember the day I met you-"

"Luke, I'm sorry but it's time"

"I'm not ready" I cry while grabbing her cold hand.

"You have to be"

"One last things mads, I love you. I'll never stop because you're my everything and you always will be" I kiss her cheek and nod to the doctor.

He stands next to the machine and I begin to cry. He sighs and taps my back while he shuts the machine down.

I hear the machines usual beeps stop and look directly at her beautiful face that was now gone forever.

"I'll leave alone with her for a while" I nod and hug her. She's gone, my girlfriend is gone. Anna opens the door and looks at me. I was a wreck.

"It's 12 Luke, do you want to leave at half past?"

"Okay, can I have some time first?" I point to Maddie and she nods.

"Take as long as you need" She shuts the door and I look at Maddie.

"Mads, I'm going to make sure you never get forgotten. I love you and always will blue" I play with her blue hair. I kiss her lips one last time and then it hits me, there was a beep in the background.

I turn to face the wall and see her heartbeat on the wall. Weak but it was still there. I stand up in shock and I look at her hand that moves a little towards mine.

I stand beside her in shock, she's alive? I grab her hand I immediately feel her coldness turning hotter. I kiss her cold forehead and she opens her eyes.

Tears fall down my face, she was awake! I look right at her, she's looks like she's in incredible pain.

"Mads, can you speak?" She shakes her hand and tries to lift up her arm but she wasn't strong enough yet so I don't ask her further questions.

"I'm going to get the doctor" she nods and I make my way out of the room.

"Luke, I'm hear for-" I hear Maddie's mum begin but I had more important things to worry about.

"DOCTOR!" I run over and he looks confused.

"What is wrong Luke?"

"She's alive. She just grabbed my hand and her eyes are open"

"All the little movements after death, luke accept that she's gone" He goes to move away.

"I'm telling you, she's alive. The minute I kissed her, I could hear the machine beeping again. At least check for me then"

"Fine" He walks in and his mouth opens in shock. I run over and she smiles slightly. I look at the doctor who runs over and plugs that machine that carries air to the lungs in. She immediately relaxes and taps my hand with relief.

"I am so sorry I didn't believe you Luke but you have to believe me, this only happens rarely"

"It's okay sir'"

"I'll go tell the rest of the family and friends outside" I kiss her lips gently and she smiles. A little tear rolls down her cheek.

"Are you in pain?" I ask forgetting she can't speak. She nods and I close my eyes, I didn't want her to be in pain.

The doctor comes in with her family and friends who all looked just as happy as me to see her awake.

"Doctor?"

"Yes?"

"She's in pain, what do I do?"

"Here" He comes over and moves her pillow slightly.

"Better mads?" She nods and rests her head on the pillow.

"I'll give you some time alone with them" I say while walking out and getting a coffee. I see Gabby walking through.

"LUKE! Ashton text me telling me about Maddie! I'm so happy for you" She pulls me into a hug.

"Thanks"

"Not to be disrespectful but I still think you could do better though"

"What?"

"She's not even pretty" She says not taking her eyes off my lips. She leans her head in and I walk backwards.

"Gab, stop. I don't like you like that"

"Yes you do, trust me. I'm everyone's type"

"You're dating Ashton" She backs off as I say his name.

"Don't tell Ash" She walks off leaving me alone. I get coffees for her parents too as they probably needed it. Michael comes over with Jess smiling.

"Want help?" Jess says while taking my coffee.

"Calum text me" Michael says while hugging me.

"Isn't it great? She's alive!" I smile and he giggles. All three of us walk back to Maddie's room with the coffees.

"Thanks Luke" Her dad says while handing a coffee to his wife. I see Maddie is now sitting up and she smiles. I give her a small wave and she giggles.

"You spoke!" I say while walking over and grabbing her hand.

"I'm... Trying... My best" Her voice is really croaky. I kiss her hand and she smirks.

"Your best is amazing Mads" She's going to be okay, my double rainbow.

_______________________