Broken

Maddie's P.O.V-

*6 weeks later*

I wake up and feel Brad playing with my hair.

"Good morning beautiful"

"Morning. I'd kiss you but my morning breath is terrible"

"Aww babe" He kisses my cheek and I smile. He booked a different flight so he'd be here for longer and I honestly didn't want him to go.

"I have work today" I behind to play with his hair.

"I know. Why don't you lie? Say you're ill and we can stay in bed all day"

"I can't, I know the owner"

"Fine, I guess I'll have to buy a coffee today" I smile and kiss his lips. I get up and have a quick shower. I finish getting ready and go straight to work, Brad beside me.

I walk into the shop with Brad and he waits for me to go around the counter.

"Hi there miss, may I please have a cappuccino?"

"You can have a coffee to go" I smile and he laughs. He takes his coffee, kisses my cheek over the counter and walks out of the shop. I see a little bit of blonde hair in the back room and I sneak in, leaving Calum alone.

"Luke?"

"Oh hey! How are you?"

"I'm great! How are you?"

"I could be better"

"What happened?"

"I broke up with Teresa"

"You did?"

"Yeah"

"Luke" I sigh and put my head on his shoulder. I still had feelings for him and it hurt me so much that she broke him.

"It's fine because now I'm single and I'm ready to mingle"

"Or as Michael would say pringle. Single but hungry"

"He told you that? I think it's his catchphrase"

"You working today Hemmings?"

"No, I'm not"

"Why don't we go to the park on my break and just talk? I miss talking to you"

"Me too" I hug him one last time before I get up and work again.

After 2 hours, I go to the back room as it was finally my break. I find Luke listening to their album and I smile.

"Hemmings, are you ready?"

"Let's go" I loop my arm around his and we walk out of the shop. I suddenly feel Luke stop, making me slow down.

He stares into the distance and I follow his eyes. I can't believe what I see, Teresa kissing Brad. She leaned in and kissed him. He didn't look like he wanted to but he was kissing her.

I close my eyes to try and erase the image but it didn't help. I feel Luke pull me into his side.

"It's okay to cry" My eyes burst and tears flow down my cheeks. He wraps his arm around me and I do the same. All I hear is Luke singing.

'You call me up, it's like a broken record, saying that your heart hurts, that you'll never get over him getting over you'

I sing along and I look up. He wipes my tears away and smiles at me.

"It's okay to be hurt, everyone gets hurt"

"I just never thought he'd do this to me. How could he?" I begin to sob again. He guides me to the same bench I usually sit on and he smiles.