Alfie

Maddie's P.O.V-

After 3 boring hours at the cupcake shop, I finally go home. I walk home as I didn't have enough money to buy a car yet.

I get home and I see Alfie playing with his chew toy. I pick him up and he licks my face. As much as I hated his dog breath, I loved cuddling with Alfie. He obviously needed to go for a walk so I decided to take him to the park.

We walk to the park and I take a stop along the way. I tie Alfie to a post outside and go into then new cafe. I open the door and the scent of coffee hits me.

I walk over to the desk where a young girl asks for my order. I just get a small coffee to go and leave. I pick up Alfie's lead and stroll over to the park.

I find Anna sitting on a bench, writing. She looks happy and peaceful, I knew moving to Australia would help us.

"What up Anna?" I unleash Alfie and he runs around.

"Nothing much, writing some stuff for the band"

"Anything good?"

"Yeah, I've written a few lines. Oh coffee, can I have some?"

"Here, I'm not really a fan of coffee anyway"

"Thanks" She takes the coffee and drinks it all making me laugh. I look around, it was so relaxing here. I look over at the tree and see a boy sitting on a branch. He looked so peaceful.

After 30 minutes of keeping my eye on Alfie and helping Anna write, we decided to go home. We walk back and I decide to buy a drink as Anna had drunk all of mine.

"Hey An, I'm going to get a hot chocolate, want a coffee?"

"No thanks, I'll stay with Alfie out here while you get yours"

I stroll in and walk back over to the desk. A young boy now takes my order and he had the biggest smile on his face when I told him what I wanted.

"Hot chocolate, that's my favourite" He states while making it.

"Mine too" I smile and waited for my drink.

"Especially with whipped cream and marshmallows"

"It's like you're reading my mind" I lick my lips at the thought. He passes me my drink and I leave the shop.

I looked down at my cup and see that it has a little message stuck to the side.

'Enjoy the extra whipped cream and marshmallows, have a nice day beautiful x'

I smile. He added cream and marshmallows which made me smile uncontrollably. I stop in my step and tap Anna's shoulder.

"I think I left something in the shop, I'll be back in a sec" I walked back in to find the boy had gone. I sigh and walk back out. 

"Get it?"

"No, I guess it must be home"

"Let's go" We all walked home but all I could think about was that boy and the nicest hot chocolate I'd ever tasted.

________________________________

Chapter 2!

I hope you liked it!