I need you

Maddie's P.O.V-

After our argument, I go to our room and cry. He was being so irritating and I had to get out.

"Mads, it's been 2 hours, let me explain"

"Please just leave me alone Lu-" I stop as I hear a whimpering from under my bed where I find Alfie laying on his side.

"Mad"

"Luke I need your help" I open the door and he rushes in.

"Made, I'm-"

"It's Alfie" I point to my dog under our bed. He rings the vet and they say they'll be as quick as they can.

I keep my eye on Alfie as I don't want him to be uncomfortable. He looks in so much pain and it hurt me to see my pet like this.

"They are here" Luke says wrapping his long arms around my shoulders. I feel him plant a kiss on the top of my head.

They run in and see Alfie. I leave the room half way through as I don't want to watch him.

After an hour or so, the vet comes out and sees me. She has a sad look on her face and I walk out of the house.

I sit on the bench and cry. Luke comes out after a while and sits next to me.

"Hey mads"

"Tell me"

"He's dead mads"

"What? I just thought he was sick" I say while hiding my head in his chest. I let out tears and he comforts me.

"Have you told her yet?" The lady says giving me sympathetic eyes.

"Yeah" He replies cuddling me.

"I'm so sorry for your loss" She smiles and drives off. I bury my head into Luke's shoulder and he cries with me. I forgot that he liked Alfie as well.

"I'm going to move him, she probably left him on the table or something" He says and kisses my cheek. He walks into the house leaving me alone outside.

I decide to ring my mum and tell her which probably would make me cry a little bit more.

"Hi mum"

"Hey Maddie, you sound upset? Did Luke-"

"He did nothing mum. Well he did but that's not why I'm sad"

"Then what is it?"

"It's Alfie.. He... He died" I cry into the phone as Luke runs out and hugs me.

"Oh Maddie, I am so sorry"

"Me too" I say and snuggle into Luke.

"You have Luke though?"

"We're having a cuddle at this exact second" I laugh through the tears.

"Okay, that's my cue to hang up. I'm so sorry Mads" She puts the phone down and I kiss his cheek.

"I'm so sorry about Alfie"

"Me too" I sigh wiping my eyes.

"Want to go bury him?"

"Yeah" I say and stand up. My legs were a bit shaky from the shock so I grab onto him.

"Come on"

"This doesn't mean I forgive you, you're still a dick"

"I know. Dickhead Luke you can call me"

We get the box that the vet put Alfie in and walk into the back garden where Luke digs up some soil.

"Goodbye Alfie. You were always there when I needed you so thank you" I kiss the box and Luke puts it in the ground.

"Goodbye. I only knew you for a year but you still made me happy" I smile as he covers it.

"Want to go inside?"

"Yeah"

"I'll ring Anna and Calum. They'll help"

"Yeah" I repeat and sit next to the fire where I heat my toes up.

"Mads-"

"I want time alone Luke" I say bitterly and he nods. He shuts the door and as soon as I hear the click of the lock, I breakdown. My pet. The dog I got when I was 12. My poor pug.

I decide to text Anna to come over because she helps in situations like this.

1 message to Mrs Hood:

Please come over. My dog just died, Luke and I had an argument and I could really use some girly advice right now xx

I instantly get a reply telling me she was coming and I pulled a blanket down on top of me as I cry.

"BITCH I'M HERE" She says and hugs me. I cry onto her shoulder and Luke stands in the door way, tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Anna, he's gone" I gasp.

"I know, I'm here for you" She says giving me a hug.

"I can't wait for your wedding"

"What?"

"I need to change the theme. Focus on positives"

"I get it. In all news, your bridesmaid dress is blue"

"My favourite colour!" I hug her again and see giggles.

The rest of the night, Anna and I watch TV, occasionally crying. Luke came in a lot to ask if I was okay. I felt bad for him, he wanted to help but he knew he couldn't.

"I better leave mads. I promised Calum that I'd do something tonight, we had an argument and he's apologising. I'm sorry" She smiles and gives me one final hug before leaving.

"Can I come in?"

"Of course you can, you live here too"

"Thanks"

"I don't like it when I fight with you" I say and cuddle up to Luke. He smiles.

"Me either"

"I'm sorry but you were a bit of a bitch towards me"

"Yeah. I'm sorry. I should have listened and not called your opinion bullshit"

"I shouldn't have just shrugged your opinion off"

"Come here" He pulls me into a hug. I kiss his lips gently and he smiles.

"I love my mads"

"I love my hemmo" He kisses me again and we go to bed where I find Alfie's bed which sets me off again.

"Come here" Luke says before I collapse to the ground. I burst into tears and he sighs.

"Life isn't fair Luke"

"I know"

"Let's sleep before I cry again" He smiles and cuddles up to me. He sings a little song before I sleep and it reminded me of the first ever time we slept in the same bed.

_______________________________

*cries*

So yeah! I love all of you for getting me 5.5k +