15| Ball of Chaos

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, my thoughts went to Quinn, who spoke to my granny two days ago. She would have spoken to her mum yesterday. I'm still confused about how my granny knows the Manchesters.

I sat up and turned on my phone. I went to change into my clothes for the day. I came out from the closet to hear my phone incessantly buzzing.

I grabbed the device and saw the missed calls and messages from Carl. My eyebrows began to furrow as I read his messages.

My eyes widen as the messages sank into my head. My head instantly rose up at the sound of the doorbell

Shit!

I threw my phone in the air without thinking and practically ran over my bed, to the living room, jumping over the couches, almost breaking my skull on the table, and shiny floor. The sun reflected through the glass walls, the perfect weather for my death. What am I saying? I'm totally going to die no matter what I do right now.

I totally forgot about those two, and they're back.

I just have to escape or stop her from seeing me.

I ran to the intercom near the door just in time as she rang the doorbell again. I instantly removed the card and almost on cue all the lights in the apartment shut off. My breath hitched my throat as I searched my pockets for my phone.

I cursed remembering how I fling my phone carelessly when I heard the doorbell. The memory of my buying the phone and calling it my new assistant came to my mind and I groaned.

I suddenly flinched as the doorbell rang again and my hand went to my chest automatically.

I let out a breath and check to see her through the intercom. I clutched the card firmly in my arms. My jaw dropped again as I saw the familiar ball of chaos beside her.

He removed his headphone and suddenly banged the door with his hands.

Can't they leave? I'm not home!

She sighed and looked so gloomy that it hurt me. She bit her lower lips as her eyes lid flickered nervously, she tightly gripped the hand of her bag and I could almost notice her hands trembling. It was until I heard a loud groan that made me flinch did I notice the dummy that kicked the door rashly.

I drew in a hiss and took my hands to my temple already feeling a headache. She turned to him concerned and he cracked his neck telling her he is okay.

What harm exactly would it cause if I open the door for them huh?

But the Carl said they'll soon come and get them...but still....

My body moved according to my heart and keep the card back in his place, instantly the lights came back on. I braced myself and opened the door.

Her eyes widen, she stared at me with those familiar black cat eyes, her dye blond hair was styled perfectly. Her mouth was slightly agape almost like she couldn't believe I opened the door for her.

Whereas the other person grinned broadly and instantly pushed me away, marching into the apartment.

I licked my bottom lips, trying to control myself as my body hit the door from the force of him pushing me. She glared at her brother and looked at me apologetically. I waved her off.

"Hey Ace, I'm hungry bro," He called from inside and I was sure he was already chomping on the chickens in the fridge. "The flight was so tiring and I feel so exhausted, you know how much I hate flying. And oh yeah I'm crashing at your place for our stay."

My lips flinched automatically.

"I'm so sorry," She said, embarrassed and I smiled.

"He has always been like that. I should know better than anyone else," I pointed out and she smiled relaxing a bit. My mind was screaming to ask why they came back from Korea, she left saying she felt better in her home town but now they're suddenly back.