When I finally shook myself from my thoughts I looked around at the place Tommy had taken me. We were at the playground again. Sitting on the side of the sandbox.

I said nothing I just sat and listen to what he had to say. He sighed deeply not saying anything. You could cut the tension between us with a butcher knife. I sighed and cleared my throat and said.

"Go ahead I'm listening." I patiently waited as I looked at him. I was scared about the answer, maybe I didn't want to know. No I had to know, I wanted to understand this situation.

"Well..." He began to think where he should start. "When my grandma died I...I became really depressed. I hid it from you because I didn't want you to worry about me. I began to write suicide notes as a coping method. I never planned on doing anything, it was just a way to get my feelings out. I had a stack locked in a briefcase under my bed. My dad found it and picked the lock, he showed my mom and they decided to send me to a psych ward. They told me to tell you I had a disease and would die. They sent me off the next day." He explained.

"The day of the funeral...." I whispered to myself. He nodded slowly proving to me that I was right. His story made sense as his parents were very VERY religious people. They didn't support any of that, they probably thought he was being possessed or something. Funny thing was Lowell didn't believe in ghosts. I still wasn't fully convinced, well I wasn't until he pulled out a faded red toy spade with the name Lowell engraved on it. He handed it to me as I was to shocked to take it. I sat there staring at the ground a rag doll in my right hand and a toy shovel in the right. I didn't hold them for long, I couldn't so I let them go.

"Y/n I'm sorry, I shouldn't have lied to you, I should have fought to stay here." He apologized, he was hunched over his elbows resting on his knees and his hands covering his face.
I could hear the hurt and sadness in his tone as he spoke.

He took out the coloured contacts he had in to reveal a pair of easy blue eyes.
"I dyed my hair, got it styled differently and this is fake tan. I am hiding from my parents that's why I look like this." He explained looking down as he could tell I didn't fully believe him. He buried his face back into his hands.

I was to shocked to move but my hand hesitantly put itself on his shoulder. I shook my head and swallows the lump in my throat.
I took a few deep breaths to calm down and fortunately I did. 'okay' I thought as I turned to face Tommy...or... Lowell, I don't even know anymore.

"How come when we first met you were rude, I get you might have changed but that really isn't the Lowell I know?" I ask one of the many questions on my mind.

He sighed.
"When you said your name was Y/n I didn't know if it was you or not, I panicked and wasn't thinking properly." He said looking ashamed.

My expression softened. He seemed so genuine and knowing the reason for his acting weird and just knowing who he really is I couldn't help that all the annoyance and hatred I had toward him disappeared.

I felt terrible seeing him in the state he was in so I put my arm around his shoulders and brought him into a side hug. He tensed up but quickly shifted to look at me. We stared at each other for a hot second before quickly engulfing each other in the biggest hug I've ever been in.
We held eachother as though we'd disappear from eachother again. I felt the tears burn in my eyes.

"God why Tommy though?" I ask with a little giggle, eventually pulling away from eachother. He just smiled widely and shrugged as he stuffed the rag doll and toy shovel in his backpack.

I huffed lightly and rubbed the tears from my eyes. We stood up and I gasped as I came up with an idea.

"Oh my God low, you need to meet my friend Lydia!" I exclaimed excitedly grabbing his hand and dragging him up toward the house on the hill.

He chuckled.
"Aw is little Y/n actually making friends?" He asked jokingly. I gave him an oh really look and kicked him lightly in the ankle.

He stuck his tongue out and blew raspberries at me. I rolled my eyes and continued walking. I hadn't felt this happy and excited since...I don't know.

We made small talk as we walked at the same pace up the hill. We talked about what life has been like. I told Lowell about everything except for Beetlejuice because I myself wasn't sure if he really ever existed and it was still a touchy subject.

He was amazed at what I'd been through because I'm still standing "strong and steady." When really that wasn't the reality of it. I was always a total wreck with tear stains down my cheeks, I hadn't told him about the cuts on my arms from my time in Cali.

I sighed and shook my head at him telling him "of only you knew." He went on to tell me about what had happened at the psych ward, the friends he made and even how he escaped. I could tell there was something else he wanted to say but didn't, the look in his eyes gave it all away. But I being the good friend I am didn't want to push it so I left it alone.

Lydia greeted us kindly at the door and told me Emily was upstairs taking a nap. We spent hours chatting and talking and just being eighteen.they seemed to get along well so that was good. That was until Lydia said she had college tomorrow and headed to bed. It was pretty late but since I didn't go to college I didn't mind staying up.

I dragged Lowell up to the roof to look out at the view like we always used to do. Smiling widely at him.

Little did I know things were going to escalate quickly very, very soon. And there was nothing I was going to be able to do to stop it.

At least for now things can be content, peaceful, right. Though If this is supposed to be right then why do I still feel so empty?

Why can't I just except the fact that Beej's is gone and never coming back? That is if he ever excited. That would mean even my imagination doesn't want to be with me.
Can't blame him I don't want to be with me half the time.

At least I can be at peace for now.

A/ñ
Sorry if the end is rushed.