Chapter Twenty-two: Smoke

Luca's POV

My mouth was open in awe when he gasped for oxygen.

"Hunters?"

I didn't really know who I was asking for confirmation, whether it was from them or just for myself. Never in my 41 years of existing on this Earth had I faced God damn hunters. We had never harmed humans and in all honesty, if they didn't bother us then we didn't bother them. That was because we assumed no one knew of our existence.

I slit the into Lot's forearm and continued to leave slashes out of rage. After what seemed like years, I was finally able to get all the answers I needed out of them and none of them were what I was expecting.

They had been at it for years, annihilating packs across the globe yet this was the first I had heard of it. The pile of bodies was rogues and pack members from not only our pack but our neighboring packs who had been found dead or buried. Some bodies were even recently murdered by these assholes.

For some reason, the little shits had crushed wolfsbane sprinkling them over our enemies and friends before burning them to release that deadly poison into the air. I had to give it to them though, it wasn't a bad way to harm multiple wolves even miles away.

They had called themselves the SHADOWHUNTERS.

We had been living in the shadows for years which is why they had given themselves such a name. I now had another enemy I needed to worry about and I would make sure they were gone before any of them hurt Diana or Mia ever again.

"Alright then, SHADOWHUNTERS, I appreciate the cooperation."

It was the last thing I had said to them before putting them out of their misery. I stuck the knife into Lot's stomach and sliced it open with ease before grabbing his intestine and wrapping it around Man bun, whose name was Gabriel, making sure to get it around his neck.

He let out a scream of fear which quickly died down when I had choked the living life out of him. I looked down to see I was still covered in the poor blanket then stared at Gabriel. He had a white T-shirt and cargo pants that seemed a little too small. It was better than nothing.

I had stripped him from his clothes and transferred them onto my body feeling the tightness of the shirt on my chest and biceps. The pants were tight in...places.

I zipped them up and turned around to see Diana letting out a moan and a small breathless laugh. My feet dragged me to her without hesitation and she was soon in my arms as I held her bridal style. She wrapped her arms around my neck trying to stay conscious.

"Let's get you out of here," I whispered in her ear and giving it a feathered kiss.

Daniel's POV

My eyes flickered around the bedroom that was full of video games and two twin-sized beds. A small smile was plastered on my face when the memories began to flood in my mind.

"It's crazy, right?"

I turned around to see Aiden standing behind me with his arms crossed and my shoulders shrugged a bit. Everything was the same since the last time we were here, it was as if we went back in time.

"It's like nothing has changed. I really missed being here. Maybe I'll ask if I can stay here a little while longer than expected you know...for good measure."

Aiden sighed then jumped on his small bed getting comfortable. I let out a small chuckle watching his reaction as he was about to fall asleep soon.

"Agreed," Aiden answered.

I left Aiden alone and made my way to the kitchen to grab a beer and maybe even a small snack. The whole gang was back here meaning it would be just like old times of joy, laughter, pain...sadness. It was weird to think that Diana and Luca had so much trust in us that they didn't hesitate to call us to figure this whole thing out with Xavier.