Chapter Twelve: Embrace

Mia's POV

I stand up off of the ground and raise my hands up to calm down Uncle Luca's wolf.

"Please. This isn't right! Let's talk about this!" I asked politely.

Brady's wolf urged forward and barked at Uncle Luca. I step in front of him and protect Uncle Luca's wolf who was standing behind me. Brady's wolf growled and nudged his head to the side indicating that I should move out of the way.

Uncle Luca howls loudly and the pack of wolves sprints toward Brady's wolf. I scream and embrace him tightly while squeezing my eyes shut.

There is a tug of separation as the wolves pile on top of Brady leaving me to watch as they hurt him. I cover my mouth and try to help him out but the wolves pushed me back causing small sobs to leave my lips.

"NO! Please! Uncle Luca!" I begged.

I hear his desperate howls and painful grunts as Brady's wolf continues to fight himself out of the herd.  Uncle Luca's wolf bites into my sweatshirt then pushed me onto his back. As soon as I was about to get off, he sprints off deep into the forest. I grab a stronghold onto him so I don't fall off.

My mind whirls with confusion and my heart seems to ache so much that it hurt. Was this really how mates made you feel?

In a few minutes, we make it back home where Aunt Diana and Dad are waiting outside of the large house. Uncle Luca stops suddenly and without a thought, I get off of him with tears rolling down my eyes.

I run to Aunt Diana and hug her violently while sobbing into her shoulder. Uncle Luca shifts back into his human form while dad tosses a towel toward him.

"He killed him! He killed him, Auntie! M-My mate is gone! My Brady is gone!"

Aunt Diana slowly wraps her arms around my then rubs my back as a sign of comfort. Uncle Luca walks up to us and touches my shoulder. I slap his hand away from me then try to shove him to the side. It doesn't seem to phase him one bit.

"WHY DID YOU KILL HIM? WHY?"

I stare at Uncle Luca with my blurry vision and glance at the large slash marks that were on his cheek. He frowns deeply then gulps down the spit that formed in his throat. I saw the guilt in his eyes.

"Mia-" Uncle Luca starts,

My hands pull at my hair and I just drop to the floor as I continue to let all my feelings out. I squeeze my self and rub my wet cheeks onto the side of the yellow hoodie. Uncle Luca takes a seat next to me then tries to grab a hold of my hand.

"No, please. Just...go away."

"Mia, listen. I did this for your safety,"

"Uncle Luca, just leave me ALONE!" I yell.

Aunt Diana sits next to Uncle Luca who puts his hands together and rubs his forehead with stress,

"Honey, let's leave her for a moment. She needs time to process everything. Why don't you and I go up in your office and talk about what happened?" Aunt Diana whispers to him.

He shakes his head and just stares at me with sadness. Aunt Diana sighs then rests her head on his shoulder while grazing her fingers up and down his arm.

"No, I want to make sure Mia is okay."

"We can come to check in a little bit my love," She muttered.

After a few seconds, he agreed and stood up then helps Aunt Diana. I see them both hold hands tightly as they walked into the house together.

I was left alone with my thoughts on if my Brady was dead or not.