Chapter Seven: Cell

Mia's POV

I start walking out of the house and Frankie grabs my arm before I can go any further.

"Woah, Woah where are you going?" He whispers harshly.

"I am going to check up on the Wolf."

He scoffs then pulls me back and slightly pokes my shoulder.

"I don't think that is a good idea..." Frankie says with a small huff.

My eyes linger toward the front door and I see a tiny bit of the moonlight peeking through the bottom. I start to walk to it again and ignore Frankie's pleading.

There was something about that wolf that made me feel like I had to check upon him. I admit when I say that I am terrified of the poor thing, but he didn't hurt me. He made me feel this
connection where I felt...I don't know...safe?

Funny right? I felt afraid yet so safe with this wolf.

"Fine. Fine. I'll take you!" Frankie gives in.

I smirk at my accomplishment and continue to walk toward the door. Before I was able to open it, I saw Aunt Diana walk down the grand stairs and stop me from going any further.

"Mia? Frankie? What are you doing up? You both should be sleeping!"

My eyes rolled to the back of my head in annoyance and I tried to come up with an excuse why I was still awake at this time.

"Oh, I was uh-"

"She had a bad dream and I came to check up on her. I decided that a nice walk around the pack might tire her out." Frankie cuts me off.

He gives me a small wink and smiles like a dork at Aunt Diana who just raises an eyebrow.

"Alright...don't you think it's quite late to be going around the pack?"

"Don't worry Luna Queen, I will make sure to keep her safe."

"Can I please Aunt Diana? I am never going to be here again..."

She gives me a look of guilt and gulps on her spit. She lets out a deep sigh and nods toward the door before pointing at Frankie.

"Fine. But you better bring her back in 20 minutes you hear me? If Luca finds out about this, all three of us are dead. I will be waiting here on the couch until you come back. Understood?"

I nod quickly and grab a hold of Frankie's hand pulling him out of the house with me. He trips over his feet but quickly catches himself as we continue our journey to the cells. I stop a few feet away from the house so Aunt Diana can't see us anymore.

"Okay, you lead the way!" I say.

Frankie scoffs and takes the lead while I follow like a lost puppy to see the poor wolf. It takes a few minutes but we make it there in no time. I take another step forward and gasp at the horrid sight in front of me. It literally looked like a haunted house and I was not living for it.

"You okay?" Frankie asked.

I give him a fake smile and nod away. I pull on Frankie's bicep and wait until he decides to go inside. We soon make it to the front entrance and I am having a minor freak out.

"Are you sure you want to do this? I am warning you, there are some things in there that can be quite scarring..." He warns.

"Yes. I want to do this,"

He opens the large metal doors which creak at the sudden interaction. I cringe at the horrible noise and continue to hold onto Frankie as we walk into the cells. There was a dark stairway that led downstairs right into the cells itself.