Chapter Fifteen: Boys

Mia's POV

Me?

I was a little shocked that I was the reason my parents decided to leave the pack. My curiosity only seemed to grow. I decided not to push it anymore since we all had a rough day as it was. There is so much I wanted to know yet that there was so much I wasn't supposed to know.

"I think that's enough for today," Dad says.

He climbs off of the couch and smooths my hair down once again before leaving Brady and me on our own. His hands trace small circles on my exposed hip bone and he leaves a light, feathered kisses on my stomach.

I could feel knots and goosebumps rising at his loving gesture and I couldn't help but want more of it. I sit up on the couch and Brady does the same, urging me to sit on his lap. I oblige and rub my nose with his as his forehead rests against mine.

My body jolts when a loud phone rings throughout the house. I try to ignore it and my lips hover over Brady's and his canines grow out as he takes my bottom lip between his teeth. I connect my lips with him and we have a deep yet slow kiss.

The phone continues to ring and I pull our lips apart in annoyance while climbing off of his comfortable lap. He lets out a small sigh of sadness when my touch leaves him.

"I am going to turn that piece of shit phone off. I will be back." I mutter out with anger.

Brady finds amusement at my anger and lets out a small chuckle with his eyes closed. He rests his head on the couch cushion and I leave him alone.

My feet wander up the stairs and I follow the endless ringing of the phone toward Uncle Luca's office.

I knocked on the door just in case Uncle Luca was there. After a few moments when no one opened the door, I opened the large door without hesitation and saw a small green light blinking.

The phone stopped ringing then began again. My sweaty hands wipe on the back of my jeans and I answer it with hesitance. I lick my lips before speaking.

"Hello?"

"Hello? Who's this?" A deep voice speaks and I can't help but shudder.

"This is...uh...Mi-"

"Mia! What are you doing in my office?" I hear Uncle Luca cut me off.

I turn around and watch as he gives me a look of irritation before taking the phone out of my grasp. I just walk away a tiny bit and Uncle Luca soon puts the phone to his ear. He rubs his temples with stress.

"Hello?" He grumbles.

I stay in the room quietly and hear the muffling sound of the man on the other side of the line.

I walk away slowly and try to avoid Uncle Luca yelling at me for touching his things. When I turn around a gasp leaves my lips when Matt stands in front of me with his arms folded.

I give him an awkward smile and try to walk by him. He steps in front of me and holds a hand out to prevent me from going any further.

"Mia,"

I clear my throat and hold my head up trying to hide away all my fear.

"Hi, Matt...Listen. I'm really sorry about the whole plane ticket incident. I understand that it was the wrong thing to do," I apologize for my actions.

He hums a bit and smiles at my apology. There was something about him that irked me and I didn't like it one bit.

"Haha, no worries. I'm just glad I found you. I've been wanting to see you for years now, I wanted to see how you grew up and my, you are so beautiful." He whispers the last part with adoration.