Chapter Thirteen: Clean

Mia's POV

I flinch when a small piece of pasta falls onto my lap. Frankie lets out a small laugh when I pick it up with my fingers and toss it at him. He dodges it causing the small noodle to hit Uncle Luca in the face. He closes his eyes at the impact and I see Aunt Diana let out a snort while holding her stomach from laughing really hard.

It didn't seem to phase me one bit. My lips still couldn't get out of the frown that was developed on them. I quickly let go of Frankie's hand then stand up from the dining table. I see many pairs of eyes stare at me.

"May I be excused?" I whisper with a raspy voice.

It was quiet until finally Blake cleared his throat and nodded a tiny bit.

"Of course," Blake responded for everyone.

I quickly rush out of the kitchen and sit in the living room on the small love seat couch. I see that the curtain windows were pulled away from the window allowing the moonlight to start shining into the living room. I see the wind slightly blowing into the trees.

I bit my bottom quivering lip as my thoughts wander back to Brady. For my time being here, I have already been through so much and I didn't know how much more I could take at this point. I hear the kitchen door swing open and I see Frankie walking toward me.

"Hey," He says.

"Hi," I whisper.

Frankie stares out the window also but continues to stand behind the love seat.

"I am so sorry about what happened."

I could feel a small tear roll down my cheek and I quickly wipe it away. I sniff loudly and stand up off of the small couch. Frankie opens his arms, indicating a hug. I immediately engulf myself into him and nuzzle my head into his chest. He sways us back and forth while grazing the pad of his thumb on my shoulder blade.

"It will all get better. I promise." He mumbled in my ear.

I shook my head and rest my chin on his chest, trying to stop myself from draining my body. His face was so close to mine that I could feel his breath touch my lips. His nose slowly touched mine and I could feel his heartbeat start to get faster. My heart was about to pound out of my chest.

My breaths were heavy.

"H-how do you know?" I whisper so quietly that I almost couldn't hear myself.

Frankie's nose brushed against mine once again and I saw his eyes give my lips a quick glance. I did the same. Frankie began to lean in and my breath hitched in my throat.

I hear a loud cough which caused me to back up and out of Frankie's warm arms. My cheeks were flushed and I could see Frankie's ears start to turn red. My attention quickly turns to the window once again just to avoid any contact with Frankie.

I squint my eyes and glare out the window seeing a shadow of some sort walk toward the doorway. I wave my arm out to Frankie trying to grab a hold of him once again.

"F-Frankie? There is something outside. I just saw something!" I start to speak a little louder with fear.

He flips his hair back and heads to the door. I grab ahold of his hand which prevented him from going any further.

"I-I think we should call for my Uncle or something. It isn't safe out there at this time of day."

Frankie snorts and pulls his hand out of my grasp. He grew out his claws and canines as a form of protection. I take a few steps back watching him slowly resting his palm on the doorknob. He opens it in a harsh motion showing a familiar face.