Chapter One: Storytime

*****8 years after Diana's wedding*****

Hayden's POV

"Once upon a time, there lived a...princess who went on an adventure with many of her friends! She laughed and played all day until suddenly, a big, bad wolf scared her. She ran away from her friends to someplace she had never been before. The pri-"

"Wait, Papa? Why did the wolf scare her? The princess didn't do anything wrong!" Mia suddenly cut me off.

I stare at the alarm clock that was near her bed to check the time. She was already late for her bedtime, I knew that Jade would kill me if I didn't put her to sleep soon.

"Well, sometimes bad wolves tend to hurt you just to make themselves feel better. Shall I continue the story?"

Mia nodded eagerly and went under her Disney themed blanket that was quite colorful. Her tiny hands held onto the small teddy bear that Luca had given her for her birthday, it was dark brown with black buttoned eyes.

"Yes! Please!"

"Alright, so the princess met a handsome prince who had fallen in love with her. He took the princess back to his kingdom to help her. When they made it there, more bad wolves came causing her to run away from the prince."

"What was the Prince's name?" Mia asked curiously.

"His name? Oh uh," What would I say? "X. His name was Prince X."

Mia raised her eyebrow and started to giggle into her bear while closing her eyes. I chuckled a bit at her reaction then stood up from her bed.

"Prince X? That's a funny name,"

"The princess found another kingdom and asked them for help, she was all alone and scared. She found another Prince over there, Prince L who she fell in love with deeply. He had fallen in love with her also. The princess moved in with Prince L."

"What happened to Prince X?"

"Well, Prince X was sad that he took her away from Prince L, making Prince L really mad. When Prince L saved the Princess, X figured out that she would never love him in that way. After a long time, her friends found L's kingdom. They lived with the Princess for a little bit."

"And then what happened?"

"I will finish the story tomorrow. Why don't you get some sleep hmm? I can finish it over breakfast."

I give her a small kiss on the forehead then walk up to the door. Before leaving the room completely I turned on the small night light then look back at my daughter. She looked just like Jade with her red hair and pale skin.

"Goodnight darlin'."

"Goodnight Papa."

I close the door all the way then rub my face with my rough hands. The front door slammed shut indicating that Jade had made it back home from work. I head downstairs to greet her with a small kiss.

Jade dropped her purse onto the floor while kicking off her shoes. She let out a sigh of relief then brushed some hairs away from her beautiful face.

"How was work?" I greet her and embrace her in my arms.

"Tiring. What about your day off? I'm sure it feels good not being at the station for once."

We both laugh a bit as I let her go and flop onto the couch. Jade patted the cushion next to her and crossed her legs under her body. I take a seat immediately and feel her body cuddled against my side for warmth.

"Did Mia go to sleep fine? I was worried all day that you would allow her to stay up a little longer than usual."

I gulped a tiny bit and pushed my glasses up with my pointer finger trying to figure out what to say.