Chapter Two: Now

*****10 years later*****

Mia's POV

Today was going to be a good day, I could feel it. I stared at my reflection in the mirror and brush down my light brown and red hair trying to make it look as presentable as possible. I scrunched my nose causing my freckles to move with it.

"Mia! Hurry up, love! Your Aunt and Uncle will be here at any moment!" Mom yelled.

"Coming Mom!" I fan myself and wipe the small drops of sweat off of my forehead.

My skin was becoming paler by the second as I was nervous about how I looked. The small sundress helped put breeze onto my pale skin. I rush down the stairs to see small decorations hanging around our house.

"Happy Birthday my sweet love, how was your morning?" Mom kissed me on the cheek.

I give her a strong embrace and wipe the cheek she kissed me on causing her to snort at my childish actions.

"How do I look?"

I twirl slightly in my dress before halting face to face with Mom who was smiling at me creepily while winking. I laugh loudly at her actions and give a light slap on her shoulder.

"Mom!"

The doorbell rang taking us away from our goofy distracting selves.

"I got it!" I say.

The bell rings again making me roll my eyes at the impatient visitor on the other side of the house. I open the door and nearly scream with joy when I see Uncle Luca standing there with flowers in his hands.

Without another thought, I jump into his arms hugging him strongly since he hasn't visited in two years! Uncle Luca was the best person I knew, his green eyes were always filled with love and his hair was so maintained he looked like a businessman. Though he never acted like one...

"Hey, sweet girl! My! you are getting old!" Uncle Luca speaks.

"Haha, look who's talking!"

I pull out of the hug and look over his built shoulder trying to see if Aunt Diana was here. I didn't see her anywhere and I felt quite upset about it. Uncle Luca walked inside and set the flowers down on the couch armrest while he visited Mom.

"Hey Jade, long time no see! Did you get a new haircut or something?" Uncle Luca waves his finger toward his own hair.

She raised an eyebrow and folded her arms with all seriousness. Uh oh.

"Where is Diana?"  Mom questioned and ignored Uncle Luca's question.

Uncle Luca sighs sadly and shakes his head to let us know that she wouldn't be able to make it today.

"Diana had to uh stay home. There has been an incident that occurred which I have to talk to you and Hayden about it."

Speaking of Dad, he rushed downstairs and greeted Uncle Luca with a firm handshake and a quick nod of his head.

"Hey, Mia? Why don't you go outside and wait for your other Uncles?" Dad asked politely.

I felt quite upset that they didn't feel like I was responsible enough to stay with them but I obliged to prevent any arguing.

I left the small house and waited outside for Uncle Aiden, Daniel, and Alex.

Uncle Aiden was funny, his life stories are hilarious! My favorite one was when Dad and Uncle Aiden went snowboarding. Apparently, they had put a bet on my name and who would be able to name me. If Dad won, Mom and Dad could name me but if Uncle Aiden won...I would be named after him.

HOME ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें